MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

O...M...G...

Really, this is a true story... I am not making any of this up... 100% FACT!!!

This past week, we have been up with one kid or another EVERY night - if it wasn't Sam coughing uncontrollably, needing to potty, not wanting to sleep, wanting to watch t.v. etc - it was Jake coughing, puking, crying, and just out-right refusing to sleep. Literally, we have been up for a MINIMUM of two hours for five nights straight.

So last night, Jake did his fit 'early' before I went to bed, so I got him back down by 11. Sam only woke up for a few seconds to ask for a cough drop (which he didn't get) and went right back to sleep. We went to sleep with the potential for no interruptions.

At 2 AM, I awaken to the sound of an airplane or something - not too unusual since we live near a busy airport. But the noise was constant and wasn't going away, which brought me out of a deep sleep into a semi-conscious state. So I get through my groggy fumbling and begin huffing that I'm even getting out of bed AGAIN and go to the window and look. After a brief search, I spot a helicopter hovering nearby (nearby as in our trees in our backyard were swirling from the roters). Not only was he hovering over our neighborhood, but he had a SPOT LIGHT searching the ground!!! Like a good wife, I woke BJ up. We watched and waited, and I finally came to the conclusion that someone had escaped from the prison that is about 10 miles away and they were searching for him. We took comfort that it looked like he moved away from our neighborhood and wasn't REALLY looking HERE. BJ was debating on sitting at the door with the shot gun - just in case.... I convinced him that that wasn't necessary!!! ;)

I talked BJ into calling the non-emergency police number to find out what was going on. The dispatcher told BJ there was nothing going on in Dacula that he needed to worry about. BJ told her that he begged to differ and that a helicopter hovering over his house at 2 AM with a spotlight seemed a little suspect that something was going on. She then replied that they were searching for someone... I think her name badge read "Captain Obvious." Thanks for the tip!

After about 30 minutes, the helicopter flew off. Lucky for him because I was about to take the shot gun and shoot him out of the sky if he had woken one of my kids up!!!! So, we eventually went on back to sleep - shear exhaustion kept us from worrying TOO much!

Come to find out, someone had broken into some cars JUST DOWN THE STREET, and they were SEARCHING for the guy!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Really???? Did that just happen????

FYI - the kids did not wake up from this and slept through the night (the chopper and his pilot are safe).... now, if the kids can do it again and we can avoid air traffic, maybe we can sleep tonight!? Might be wishful sleeping - I mean thinking!!!

No comments: