MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Absent Blogger...

So I've been an absent blogger of late... October has been a BUSY month! Birthday parties PLUS Jake's HUGE birthday bash, airshow (this weekend), Thomas and the zoo (next weekend), BJ's mom visiting (last weekend FOR Jake's b-day... first time she's seen Jake!), school, play dates.... need I go on? The good news is that I am the 'catch-up blogger' type, so I am posting pictures and stories from the last few weeks!!! Get ready - it's a long one!

Here are a few Sam and Jake stories to catch-up:
  • Sam is constantly saying SOMETHING that makes us laugh! One of my favorites is him saying/whispering, "Thanks" when we give him something or do something that he asks! I'm so excited that he 'has manners.' The most exasperating is that we are CONSTANTLY asking him to add 'maam' or 'sir' behind his 'No's' and 'Yes's.' He absolutely REFUSES to do so! Mama has had the most luck b/c she 'threatens' to withhold prizes (come on - she's the GRANDMA... like she is going to withhold ANYTHING!). You can even ask him, "What do you say to Mimi?" and he says, "Yes maam, No maam." But she STILL has to correct him or ask for it. We get yes or no, but have to BEG for the maam or sir!? Geez.... he IS a man!!!!!
  • Sam called BJ into the playroom the other day by saying, "Come here Dad! It's an emergency!" I don't know... it wasn't an emergency, but GREAT that he knows to SAY that it's an emergency now!?
  • As Jake was getting over his cold (that lasted for a month - the mucus anyway), he would puke when he got choked on his mucus. YUM! Of course it was always after he has eaten. Me, being the good wife, when BJ was going to keep the kids one Saturday morning for me to run a few errands, I offered to stay a bit longer and let him get his shower. Well, Jake puked ALL OVER ME while we were playing. I sent Sam up to tell BJ that I needed help (I couldn't get up b/c Jake and I were COVERED and puke was STANDING on us. Sam went upstairs (after a FEW promptings) and said, "Jake puked Dad." At least he got it out, but I had told him to tell BJ that Jake had puked and that it was an emergency! Why won't he say it's an emergency when it really is???
  • Sam's favorite thing to do when he's 'bored' is to walk around saying, "Mmmmm.... what do I need? Is there something special here?"
  • Lately, counting to three has proven to be an effective method to get Sam to listen and obey. I wanted him to get downstairs one time and started counting. I got to two before he started down, but as he was 1/2 way down, he turned and POINTED his finger at me and said, "Do NOT get to three Mommy!" HAHAHA!!! I didn't - he was being a good boy and listening!
  • BJ was pulling the car in and Sam opened the door, so I was yelling at him (from the toilet - yes, mommies take potty breaks too), but jumped up to make sure Sam wasn't running out into the garage - he wasn't... he listened for once. I ran back to the bathroom b/c I had left the door open and Jake has two kinds of radar (stairs and toilet). Jake had already ventured into the bathroom.... and I am ashamed to admit that he was in the toilet..... with my USED toilet paper in his mouth!!!!! YUUUUUCK!!!!! I washed him really good, but what are you to do? At least it was just tee tee!!!!
  • Jake says a lot of things now... mainly he repeats words you say. I suppose he has heard "uh uh uh" one too many times (you know - that stern 'uh uh' when you're trying to get them to understand to STOP what he's doing? Usually accompanied by MANY "no no's") Jake now tells me "uh uh" when I buckle him into his car seat!!! It's rather endearing... for now!!!!!

Pictures...

Jake's birthday party was a BLAST! We really enjoyed our time with friends and family - it really went by way too fast. It seems as soon as we got it all set up, it was time to tear down again!Jen and Bo were awesome to get there early and help set up. We put them right to work!!! =) Our neighbors own/work for a sign company... they did this banner for us, and it was AWESOME! (If you ever need a sign/banner, let me know and I'll send their # to you!)Sam helped put the drinks out...We had two big picture frames with pictures of Jake from the last year, two photo albums (with over 400 pictures), a board with CHOA and Red Cross stuff, a donation box, and a book made where I had edited and printed all of my care page entries. It really turned out great... I'm really excited about the book - I spent weeks working on it, and am so pumped to have it to give to Jake one day! The center pieces were made with suckers sticking out for party favors (Mimi made those.... lots of time in those!)Jake hiding from the wind (the only problem we had was the wind - couldn't put out all the table cloths, and it kept blowing our decorations over!). This is his 'sweet ride' from Mimi and Pop Pop... he LOVES going for walks in it!With the wind, Sam took it upon himself to hold the balloons... as long as there was a sucker in his mouth!!!Silly Uncle Bo!!!Too bad part of Jen's face got cut off.... this is such a cute picture!!!!Love this picture of BJ and Jake!Matt... poor thing! As soon as I handed Jake over, he started crying!? Matt was funny, though and ended up making Jake laugh!!!Mark and James live on our street... the three amigos! Checking out the suckers with Jen!

Hanging out with our friends! Everyone was so great making Jake the center of attention! And he took it!!!! ;)I hope James got cake!!!?????Ooooo.... Jake LOVED his cake!!!!This is Jake's typical 'open little birdie mouth' when he really likes something! If it's not filled in an ample amount of time, it's accompanied by a LOUD "AH!"Uncle Brandon and Mandy were there too! They played with Sam and hung out with Jake!
Emily and Jennifer are in my small group at church. They are so awesome... and beautiful!!!Dr. Samai came!!!! (Jake's cardiologist) We felt SO SPECIAL and HONORED that he was there! This is his girlfriend, Emily. Super sweet - both of them!

After the party (and naps... Lord, we needed naps), it was like Christmas morning! We asked for donations to CHOA (which we got over $600), but our super-generous friends also brought gifts! Sam pretty much laid claim to all presents, but he and Jake had a blast opening them all!You can tell Sam had just woken up!Uncle Brandon and Mandy got Jake a Mickey plane. He LOVES it. But so does Sam. Sam told me that HE NEEDED the new plane and Jake could have his "old Pooh plane." So generous.BJ's mom brought Sam a Mickey costume for Halloween! He was so cute in it... white gloves and all!I think I'll be putting the gloves on frequently... this is how he held his hands the whole time they were on! Too funny! A few days later, I asked Sam if he wanted to put on his Mickey gloves. He said, "Yes. But don't put the overalls on me mommy!" Hope he'll decide to wear them later on... we have three events to wear it to!!!!Jake at his banana 'all on his own' for the first time in the midst of presents!Our little family!These are just random pictures...

Don't know what Sam was up too, but his mouth is so funny!!!Jake is ALWAYS eating it seems (snacks anyway)!Typical... Sam's on the move - Jake's eating!They're watching TV I suppose!?No mother of the year awards here.... that's a nut from Sam's toy toolbox in Jake's mouth. Oops! Took the picture and removed it from his mouth - promise!Too Cool! Actually he hated the glasses, but it was funny to me and BJ!

Whew! Marathon blog! Need to be better about keeping up!!!!

No comments: