MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Not again!!!!!

OK - I don't know what the heck the deal is, but Sam and Jake have colds - AGAIN - SIMULTANEOUSLY - AGAIN!!!!??? How do I get so lucky? Poor Sam was so excited to go to school today, and I had to make him stay home. At first, there was no fever and just an occasional drip of the nose (yesterday afternoon), so I thought we could make it. Then, this morning, we had a low fever (yep, both boys) and yellow snot. SO, my thought was that I WOULD NOT appreciate someone else sending their kid on to school to infect mine, so I best keep him home..... the 'woes' of being responsible! Unfortunately, I don't think other parents use that same logic - especially at the church nursery!!!! Where did this come from??? Wipe-downs/change of clothes/baths, whatever it takes will commence now to try and get rid of those nasty germs when we get in the car after church and after school!!!!!

As soon as I had all of these feelings (and more), I pulled up my email to email Sam's teacher. I saw I had an email from a friend we made while at the hospital with Jake. Their little girl is Jake's age and has already had a second surgery to replace a mitral valve in her heart. Last night, they had to rush her back to the ER because she was breathing really hard. Turns out the valve had stopped working, and she was breathing really hard to compensate. OK, GOD, I get it - LOVING the colds... both of them!!!!

Funny things that come out of the mouth of a two-year-old:

  • Sam, why is Jake crying? Because he's sad! (duh...)
  • I need my laptop to check my email.
  • Why Mommy? Why? (Sam's FAVORITE question these days.... isn't that supposed to come when he's a bit older???? Why???)
  • Don't do that to me. (when I kiss him!?)
  • Don't spank me, that hurts (right after he hurts Jake)
  • I need a loud jet to fly over to keep me awake (as he's swinging and getting droopy eyes)
  • OOOOOHHHHH Mommy! Oh! (like he finally understands something I've been trying to tell him.... he doesn't really by the way - he just wants to shut me up!)

OK - more pictures!

Sam and Jake went to the lake while BJ and I went to (another) wedding! Here they are in the boat. Sam looks pretty comfortable, huh? Jake's just happy he found something to chew on!!!

Sam drives anything Pop Pop drives!!!!
Jake too!Pop Pop teaching Sam how to throw!!!!!!Feeding the horses... this is Rooster (Sam named him) the horse. He named Rooster's mommy Chicken!!!Jake's just happy - wherever, doing whatever!!!
So Jake loves chocolate cake now! How, you may ask!? Well, how can you NOT feed this little open birdie mouth??????He's so cute, huh?


Mimi and Pop Pop have been busy... they MADE this lamp for Sam's room! SOOOO cute!


And Mimi made Sam a book bag for school. The ENTIRE thing!!!!This side says, "Look out preschool, here comes Sam!"

Look at those two!What is Jake up to these days? Well, he's TRYING to get those front middle teeth so he doesn't look like the Wal-Mart baby...... the 'Wal-Mart' tooth is just getting longer!!!!!He's climbing stairs like a CHAMP!And he's facing forward in the car now!!!!!!!! It's so strange to look back and see his little face now!!!! I love it - and so does he!

No comments: