MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Been awhile...

It is going on three weeks of sickness here... Sam and Jake together, Sam got better (went back to school), Jake got sicker then better and sicker again - he's still a little congested. Sam is better, but not before he spread it to my parents who were bad-sick for a week, and are just now recuperating! BJ and I got it a few days before Mama and Daddy - and I still have little remnants of a cough... this thing is terrible to say the least! Nonetheless, we are all on the mend or well!

When Sam was at my parents, he went fishing (see post below), fed the horses, went to the farm, rode in the boat and enjoyed having Mimi and Pop Pop all to himself. My mom always makes him yummy home-made food while he's there (glad someone does!), and he almost wouldn't eat her mac-n-cheese because "it's not orange!" Mommy makes the fake stuff that's orange. Mimi's real mac-n-cheese is whiter (and much better)... it just didn't look right! Once he tried it, he realized this reality!

Sam is now telling me all the time that he has something special for me... be it a toy, garbage, a shoe, Jake, etc. Sweet to say the least. He also feels that every time we go in a store he "NEEEEDS a prize." And he informs me that he's a good boy and he's not going to hit Jake. Oops... guess I did that a couple times too many!?

Sam told BJ that he has holes in his hair! (Snicker snicker / Oh No!) BJ takes this as his sign to go ahead and shave his head... I'm not so sure about that one!?

Jake is sweet as ever. He gives great hugs and leans his head into you when you ask for a kiss. It's so precious. He's a super-snuggler (as long as he's not wanting down to chase Sam), and he repeats a lot of things we say to him. It's not all coherent, but it's precious!!!

Jake got a 'coupe' for his birthday, which we have already put into use... pictures to come... Sam and Jake both helped BJ put it together (resulting in it taking twice as long), which was so cute and worth every extra minute! Sam picked up the instructions ("Eructions") and said, "What does this say? It says, 'Now everyone bam [hammer] the wheel.' That's what it says!" And he was so proud of himself for reading it!!!!! He's a piece of work!!!

School is still wonderful. Sam took snacks for his class last week and was the line leader for the day. He still comes home with suckers, stamps and stickers - which means he's a good boy. Since Mimi was there to pick him up once, he asks each time we go to school if Mimi will be there when he gets out. He also asked today if I had any scissors - "Ms. Darlene's are red." So I showed him my blue ones... not to be outdone!!!!! ;) He's learning a lot... mostly to be a little more social. He says he doesn't talk much at school, which I believe (I asked him why and he said, "Because everybody's so loud!"), but he has been better when 'strangers' ask him questions - like when we're in line at the store or at church or something. We will be having a parent/teacher conference soon, so I am really curious to hear what she has to say about everything!!!!

No comments: