MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Good News / Bad News

The good news... I'M DONE PUMPING!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! No one can quite understand just how exciting that is. It was starting to pull me down on many different levels (starting nothing - it just WAS!)

The bad news... I won't be sitting in front of the computer as much, so blogging may take a hit for awhile!

No time to post pictures, but I do have a few funny stories (the ones I can remember anyway)!

  • Sam has (re)discovered fruit. All fruit / any fruit! He loves it all and will eat it for every meal! He was eating canelope (sp?), and asked for some watermelon. I told him there wasn't any left, that Daddy had eaten it all. Sam replied, "Daddy's big mouth ate it all?" Nope, no coaching - the kid is just observant!!!
  • At night when we say prayers together, I am usually worn out and in that delirious phase. So, I just can't contain my laughter when Sam says, "Bless my nose," or "Bless my boo boo," or "Help Mommy's head," ... you get the picture. So BJ usually has to tell me, "Get it together Laterveer!" (That makes me laugh too, by the way) So, now, Sam - in the middle of a sentence - will say, "Get it together Laterveer" when I start laughing (or snorting, as the case may be). Geez... maybe I should just sit prayer-time out????? But it is such a perfect ending to my perfect days!!!!!!!
  • Anytime Sam gets something round (like a 'Live Strong' bracelet, for instance), he pinches the bottom into a point and mashes the top, then holds it up and says, "That Jake's heart?" WHAT???? It's so cute!!!!! Don't know where it came from, but it's cute!!!
  • Sam told me something was 'bootiful' today, and I asked him where he heard that. He said, "That frog on Sesmeee Street says that." Ohhhh... ok... what frog? (maybe he's referring to Kermit???) Still amazing he can remember!!!
  • Jake has ALMOST cut his bottom two teeth! We should see them ANY DAY now!!!!
  • Jake DEFINITELY recognizes me as "Ma-ma" Especially when Sam does 'man work' on him - he calls for "MA-MA!!!!" I think he's already tattling!!!!???? Yeah....... not sure about RECOGNIZING BJ as "Da-da" but he certainly says it! I really think he recognizes "ba-ba" as bottle too!? Maybe not!!! He says "Hey" now too! I love hearing every little babble!!!!! I forgot how much I loved this stage!!!!! Actually, I guess I have been loving every stage, huh? =)
  • This past weekend, Jen was trying to get Jake to say, "Hey Jen" and it came out, "ey gi-gi!" New name????? ;) Pretty good, I guess!!!!!
  • We got a folder from our insurance company to file insurance paperwork in. BJ looked inside and (very seriously) says, "We're gonna need a few more of these!" We have STACKS of paperwork on Jake alone!!!!! By the way - insurance has been billed ALMOST $500,000 now!!!!!! Thank GOD for insurance! We can find our own folders if they'll just keep paying!!!!!! =)

No comments: