MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Friday, May 09, 2008

It was a week!!!

Pictures ARE coming... it's just been one of those weeks!

Sam acquired (what I be believe to be) an ear infection. He had a fever starting Tuesday, and it just went away by this morning. No biggie - not contagious - took him to the dr. Tuesday to get the antibiotic. Fever persisted, then he puked around 5 AM Thursday morning. Daddy came and got him that afternoon... JUST IN CASE! Mimi and Pop Pop must have been the magic medicine because he has been fine ever since!

I was on the phone with Mama and Daddy this morning, and I asked Sam if he wanted me to come get him, and he said, "NO! ..... MAAM!" as he dug his head into Pop Pop's shoulder! He WAS telling me, "I love you, Mommy!" so that melts my heart anyway! At least he loves me! I asked him if Mommy could come too, and he said, "NO! MAAM!" again! Then I hear Pop Pop say, "OK, let's go get your syrup!" Hmmm... no wonder!!! ;)

Daddy said Sam was walking down the halls swaggering and just looking around with such contentment... like, "Ahhhh... I'm here!" Probably true because he asks, "Go to Mimi/Pop Pop's?" everyday!!!

This morning, Jake woke up and was giving me the biggest hugs and KISSES! MAN!!! I love this kid too!!!!

The other day, Sam started putting a blanket over his own face and playing Peek-a-boo (Pee-Pie) with Jake... then he started putting it over Jake's face and playing... Jake was smiling and laughing and squealing with such joy! Then Sam started playing with toys and pillows... Mommy had to intervene at that point!!! "We don't put pillows over Jake's face!"

I sat down to feed Jake yesterday, and he LUNGED off of my lap (I caught him) toward the bottle and screamed, "Ba-Ba!" First words??????? I believe he really knows what his "Ba-ba" is!!!!!

Jake has become quite the sleeper! Today (since Sam wasn't here), he slept until almost 9 (with about a 30 min grunting session --- discovered poop when I got him up), then went back to sleep at 11 for a 2-hr nap (yes, you read that correctly). He would have taken a better afternoon nap had I actually been able to put him in his crib, but he rather caught a few zzzzz's in the car and then in the restaurant. YAY!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Have I told you how much I enjoy these updates? They make me laugh out loud, then I make Hunt read them too. :)