MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Uggg... will I ever have time to upload pictures???

So far this week:
  • Jake DEFINITELY says "Da-da" now. I was in denial for a couple of days, but have had to come to the harsh reality that he said, "Ba-ba," then "Da-da" and NO "Ma-ma" yet!!! Now, he doesn't know to what he is referring to, so there's STILL a chance!!!!!!!! Sam has heard me say "Ma-ma" so many times to him that he's helping! He says, "Ma-ma Jake" as if he would just like Jake to say it so I'll shut up!!!!
  • Stormie has gotten pancreaitis, which is a glorified tummy ache. Her belly is hard as a rock, and she is so uncomfortable. She grunts and groans when she moves, and even cries out sometimes. The vet said she should feel better in a couple of days... she has medicine and special food right now. SO... I now must be sure she gets her medicine and food too! For the love....... can we catch a break??? Poor little Stormie!
  • The past couple of days, I have had to have coffee in the afternoons to make it through! Sam decided to get up at 3 AM Sunday night, and didn't go back to sleep until 5!? I don't know!?
  • I cut Sam's nails for the first time EVER. It wasn't so bad... still won't do Jake's, but I guess I can do Sam's some now! Nails have always been BJ's "gig" and Mama would cut them when she had them and they needed it!
  • BJ had the best quote last night: "In my mind, I'm still an athlete, but in reality I just want another cookie!"
  • When Sam sees our neighbor from across the street outside, he YELLS, "MMMMMAAAAARRRRRRKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of his lungs! It's endearing and incredibly cute! Don't know what the other neighbors inside their homes must think!!!!

Just today:

  • We went to Hobby Lobby and I was "That Mom"...... I had to go to the rest room really bad, so I wheeled my enormous double stroller right in. The 'large' stall was not big enough for all of us, so I left the end of the stroller hanging out and the door wide open (when you gotta go, you gotta go). Thankfully, anyone walking in couldn't see into the stall. HOWEVER, the three people that came in (there were only three people in the store - why they all had to go to the bathroom at that time, beats me!) knew exactly what was going on. Sam was sitting there saying, "Mommy go potty!" Me: "Yes, do you want to say your ABC's?" Sam: "Mommy go poopie?" Me: "Why don't we say your ABC's?" Sam: "Mommy go PPPPPOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I do believe the entire store heard. I finished, wheeled the stroller on out of the store with my head pointed at the floor... in utter defeat!!!!!!!
  • Stormie has puked twice.
  • Sam has fallen backward onto the concrete on his head. He's fine.
  • Sam picked up a phone and started talking. I asked him who he was talking to, and he said, "Daddy." Then he said, "Hi Daddy! I love you! Daddy come home?" It was so unbelievably cute!
  • Right now, Jake is still crying - fighting sleep in an all-out war! He went down at 8:15, woke back up at 9, and has been crying ever since (it's after 10 now)! What the?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

hahahahahahaaaaaaaa!

I love your stories. AND how curious your first born is. AND how you take it all in stride and share it with us. I'm laughing at my desk.