MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm amazed by my kids!

Sam actually had a conversation with me this weekend. It was different from his typical conversations where he just repeats what I say, because I asked him if he had fun in the nursery at church. He told me Yes! Then I asked what they did, and he said they ate snacks. I asked what they ate, and he told me crackers! Yep... he's only TWO! It's so neat that he's growing up, but sad at the same time!

We went to a picnic on Sunday evening, and he looked up at a tree and said, "That's the tallest tree Sam has ever seen!" BJ was the one he was talking to, and he was just amazed! Sam also saw Logan McElroy - for those of you who don't know him, he's about 6 ft tall with ORANGE (really) hair, and when he talks, the whole state can hear him - he also has a very boisterous personality! Logan scares Sam... he's a little intimidating to a two-yr-old. As soon as Sam sees him, he starts WHALING! To the point that we just have to remove him from Logan's presence. BJ was trying to distract Sam and was spinning him around. Sam grabbed BJ's shoulders and said, "Stop!" It was pretty funny! Sam finally got to where he was OK with Logan being around, and Logan didn't take it too hard!!!!

Today, Sam was eating lunch and he said, "Get on the carpet, Stormie." She did, and Sam thought that was the coolest thing. I think it was just luck that Stormie decided to move at that time, because Sam kept telling her to get back on the carpet and she didn't move. Then he would announce to me, "Stormie got back on carpet!!"

Sam also sings now - like carries a tune sings! He sings his ABC's, and songs I've never heard - I asked him where he heard a song he was singing, and he said, "Kaden's." Guess I wasn't paying attention!?

This morning, Sam informed me that Pop Pop would be sad if he was at the airport without Sam... got that, Pop?????? =)

Sam used the cardboard around Jake's baby food as an armband (like his Daddy's iPod case), then he made it into a runway (a short one that only Pop Pop can take off from)... no joke - he knows this stuff!!!!!! =)

Man - this is just a drop in the bucket... I am utterly amazed by how much he knows and RETAINS (everything), and I laugh A LOT!

Not to leave Jake out - he's babbling all over the place now... it won't be long before he's having a conversation with Sam. I think that will be so fun! He's still just rolling around - no crawling yet, but I am A-OK with that!!! He's still my happy-go-lucky little guy!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Hunt and I have talked about (and shared with others) how SMART Sam is! We keep on telling stories of his plane recognition and "clear prop." Too cute.

I'm still laughing thinking about him announcing your activities in the bathroom stall. Ahhh, motherhood.