MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Friday, February 08, 2008

Due for an update - and pictures...

We've been busy... went to Rome to see my dad's mom on Monday - Sam got to play on a big playground, and absolutely LOVED it! Jake slept all the way there, woke up towards the end of lunch, "chatted" with us, ate his bottle while Sam played, then went back to sleep and slept the whole way home. He was great! It was his first 'road trip' too!!!!

I registered Sam for school! I should be/have been more upset about it, but it was absolute chaos while I was registering him, so I didn't have time to 'think' about it. He will start after Labor Day and go two days a week for a few hours each day. Surely I can handle that...... right?

I went to Sam's room the other morning, and I asked him if he had a doodie. He said, "No doodie... just tee tee." OH MY GOSH! What a smartie! I told him that he and Mommy were going to start working on this potty training business really soon. To which he replied, "Need screwdriver." OK, so he associates working on stuff with "Man tools." =) I am actually going to attempt potty training next week. Mama gave me this book on how to potty train in a day... it's really intense, but, as she put it: you get out what you put in... stay tuned...

I took Sam and Jake to Chick-Fil-A today... just me and the two kids. I made it! It actually wasn't that bad - Jake slept the whole time, so it was just a matter of lugging them both in and out! All I can say is BICEPS! Sam wanted to "go out there" and play on the indoor playground. There were a ton of kids and moms in that glassed-in room - that's tiny b/c of the big playground, and I just couldn't do it. Especially not with Jake! Even just looking at the room I felt the germs coming out... much less if we had gone in!!! So I told Sam there was too much snot in there and we weren't going in. He's never been on one, so he really didn't know what he was missing, so he just kept saying that it was "too snotty." That sounds like a germ-o-phobic mom if I've ever heard one!!! The bad part is that we got home at 1:30, and I finally got him ready and down for a nap by 2... he's still up there talking to himself and NOT sleeping (it's 2:45)! Uh! Oh! I hope we didn't miss our nap!?

I've been a picture-taking fool...

Stormie is getting really interested in Jake now. One time, he was in his swing crying, and Stormie was sitting in front of it looking at him and whining! I think she just wanted me to "turn him off" but it seemed sweet anyway!!!!!
We're cooking with gas now! (If this triggered any red flags with DEFACS, rest easy... the stove, oven and microwave were OFF!)
See... Jake was watching Sam eat his lunch!
BJ and Sam ready to go to the grocery store... as you can see, Sam is always messing around and making us laugh!
So it was cold one day, and we were CLIMBING THE WALLS, so I attempted a wagon ride with the kids. It was way too windy, so I took the opportunity for the photo-op and we went back in!
OK, so I HAD to take them out just for a minute... Sam didn't really 'understand' that we couldn't stay outside very long! Poor baby!
Savoring one of those brief moments that I can hold and love on Jake... without chasing Sam! Then, it's time to get up and get SOMETHING done!?Oooooo... he is SO HAPPY --- ALL the time!!!!!
Smiling at his Daddy!
Jake's ALMOST ready for his fun chair! If we can get him to sit up without puking, we'll be in business! He's checking his new digs out, though!


Sam is an ole pro at the slide now! He sends everything dowm before he goes himself... others first, you know!!!Sam and BJ doing "Man Work" replacing a light. Now, Sam looks for lights to be out so he can do "man work"!!!
I don't know... just being cute!

BJ moved Sam's video game system into the "new" office... and his X-Box... you see what they're playing? Yep, X-Box!!! Sam is wanting to push the buttons, and BJ is having to keep the controller from him!!!!!At least it's quality "man time" together!?

Pre-bath evenings at our house...Mimi fed Jake before we left for Rome. She was burping him, and he fell asleep. She got up with him, and he never moved! He actually didn't move until we got done with lunch in Rome! He sleeps best in the car!!!

That's all for now... Sam's still talking to himself (actually, he's spelling to himself); I guess I need to go sit on him! (I'm kidding DEFACS!). I'm just going to go hold him down (where he can still breathe, of course!)!!!!

No comments: