MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We made it!

Well, we survived our first day just me and the boys... all I can say is that we're all alive and and still in one piece!

Let's see... Sam broke the trash can helping mommy throw away Jake's stinky diapers (it's one of those 'nice' ones from Target that costs more than the typical $20 ones - of course - he probably wouldn't have broken a cheap one!); Stormie puked four times at the bottom of the stairs - still working on those red stains on the carpet; and it took over an hour to get Sam to go down for a nap - thank God Jake was sleeping through that - it wasn't until he was jumping back on the bed and hit his lip that he finally settled down and I rocked him to semi-sleep!!!

The nap was actually funny - once he was asleep! He would run to the door and open it, yell "Mommy nite-nite" slam the door and run jump into his bed! I would go up there and stand at the door so that when he opened it I was standing there - he would crack the door, see me, slam the door and run jump into bed... ahhhh... if only it were a real game!!!!! You see where the busted lip came from now?

When BJ (finally) got home, Sam ran to the door yelling "BJ's home" over and over... hysterical, because BJ is adamant that he call him Daddy... rightfully so, but I can't help laughing!!! BJ took over once he was home - gave Sam his bath, put him to bed, fed Jake and fixed the trash can.

Today has been much of the same so far (although today started at 6 AM with Sam) - but, we're alive! Sam finally went down for his nap an hour and a half after we started. The same scenario, except I added a couple of spankings that DID NOT EVEN PHASE HIM. He would jump back on the bed saying, "spanking?" Yikes! This time, Jake was crying too... I finally put him in the Baby Bjourn and we all went and held Sam down on the bed! It made Sam cry, which finally caused him to go to sleep. I hate that he has to cry to finally sleep, although it's more of a tired cry than an I'm hurt cry!

He woke up in a worse mood than he went down with! I was starting to feed Jake when Sam woke up one hour after he went to sleep (usually, he sleeps for at least two hours). No chance of him going back to sleep... he was screaming and crying when I went up there with Jake. That just made him madder! I finally had to lay Jake down to get Sam calmed down! Turns out, he was insanely jealous right then!? Wow! This is going to be tricky! After a lot of tears from Jake, Sam and myself, I picked Jake back up, put Sam in my lap and put Jake in Sam's lap and we fed Jake together. Whew... that one was tough!!!!

On a brighter note... Cute Sam story... You can ask Sam how to spell his name, and he says, "S........A-M" It's the cutest thing, especially in his sweet little voice!!!! He really is a smart kid! He says things in sentences now... and he listens and understands everything you say... if we could just get him to OBEY what we say, we would be in business!!!!!!

I love Motherhood, though, is the crazy part! HOWEVER, there will not be any more kids! Mark my words!!! If there is, we'll have to name them "Oops" that's for sure!!! ;) My mom put it best, "You couldn't pay me a million dollars for either of mine, but I wouldn't take a nickel for another one!" (or something like that =)

No comments: