MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

We made it!

Sam made it!!! His first night in his big boy bed! He only woke up twice (that I know of, anyway)... Jake was a little fussy at Sam's bedtime, so I worked on Sam while BJ worked on Jake - after a little while, we decided that Jake needed to eat (yet again), so we switched kids... BJ laid down with Sam until he fell asleep - we have to do that right now for naps too - he gets up and runs to the door and cries if we don't!
Once Sam went down, we got Jake satisfied (but not asleep) and finished watching the Clemson game... so sad that they lost it all right there at the end. =( We fed Jake some more (Bessie's TRYING to keep up!), and went onto bed ourselves around midnight. Jake SLEPT for four whole hours - how nice that would have been to sleep with him for that long!!!!! Sam woke up twice in those four hours!
The first time, I was awakened by Sam screaming and crying. I ran over to his room, opened the door - and no Sam! In my half-asleep state of mind, I freaked out and hollered for him! (BJ never woke up through all of this - and the monitor was still by the bed!) I heard him crying and screaming and realized that he was in fact still in his room (duh, because I had climbed over the baby gate to get into the room in the first place=). I ran to the other side of the bed... still no Sam - he's still crying, though! I bend down and look under the bed, and there he is - freaked out because he is 'stuck'!!!!! How he got there? I have no idea! How did I not hear him getting there? Again, no idea! Why didn't he freak out as he was getting down there? Don't know - all I can guess is that he crawled under there while asleep... then woke up and freaked out! Bless his little heart! I felt so bad for him! I laid in bed with him until he went back to sleep.
The second time, I heard his door open (again, baby gate in doorway - he's not coming out). I ran in there again. He was a little whiny, and was wanting to "git up." I told him it was still 'night-night time' and he ran back to his bed and laid down... YES - I started leaving... and he started crying again... SO, I laid with him until he went back to sleep.
As he was about asleep that last time, I heard Jake cry - then he stopped. I laid with Sam a little longer, then went back into my room when I heard Jake again... to help BJ. Ummmm... BJ was STILL asleep!!!!!???? I wish I could sleep that hard - but, then, the house might burn down around us!!!!! We fed Jake and went back to sleep for our own short nap of 1 1/2 hours!!!!!
Now, don't get me wrong... BJ is super-dad, and helps SO MUCH with the kids! He feeds Jake all night while I pump, and he is always playing and helping with Sam... he just sleeps hard and requires to be woken up - which I do everytime!!!!! =)
Here's Sam the morning after his first night in his big boy bed... he looks like he slept just fine!!!! He actually slept until 7:30, which is the latest he has slept since the time change! AND, he called for MOMMY when he woke up!!!! Not Pop Pop!!!! WOW!!!!!

He can turn his own mobile on... it has stars that light up at night and looks so cool on his "are-plane" ceiling!!!

No comments: