MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

So much to be Thankful for...

Well, I had Sam and Jake on my own Monday morning, and I'm just now recovered enough to write about it!!!!!

Jake woke up at 4:30 AM to eat... BJ got on up to get ready and go to work, so I fed Jake and pumped. Jake was not wanting to go back to sleep, but wasn't crying at least. I had planned so perfectly how I would go back to sleep for a few minutes and get up at 6 to shower and get ready before the kids woke up........ HA!

Sam woke up at 5:30 AM whining at his door, so I went in there (BJ is gone by now, and I stopped pumping to go take care of Sam) to check on him. His paci (pie) had fallen on the floor, so I found it and gave it back to him. I thought that this would do the trick and put him in bed and started walking out... NO, that didn't work! I laid down with him for a moment and tried to get back up - by this time Jake is screaming bloody murder in my room (and Stormie was hiding under the bed). Each time I tried to get up from Sam, he cried and followed me to the door. I tried to be firm and tell him to stay in bed, I tried being sweet and telling him - nothing. OK, by this time Jake had cried himself to sleep - I know this because one time I ran from Sam's bed, hurdled the gate and ran to my room... trying to get Sam to go onto sleep on his own and also checking on Jake. Nope, didn't work! I finally gave in and laid with Sam for over 30 minutes. Sam eventually just got up, went to his night light and said, "Airplane light off" and then brought me his paci (his ritual when he gets up is to leave his paci because we don't use it except to sleep). I knew then that we were up for the day...

Well, for the first time, I showered while Sam played in the bathroom! He was very good actually! He was in a good mood at least! Getting Jake bathed, Sam fed, me dressed, bags packed, etc was an ordeal! By the time I left at 9 AM, my day was 'half over' it felt like!!!! And it was just beginning!!!! We went to Cathy's so that Sam and Kaden could play together - Jake slept once we got into the car and the entire time we were at Cathy's. I realized once I got there that I had packed Jake's bottles and my pump stuff, but had not packed anything for Sam - no water, snack OR lunch (I knew we were meeting Daddy and Sam would need to eat before he left with Pop Pop!). Cathy had compassion on the poor child (and mother) and fixed Sam a lunch to take with us - SO helpful and sweet! When we left there, I drove Sam to the airport to meed Daddy so that he could get Sam and fly him back to their house for the rest of the week. The whole way there, Sam was saying, "Pop Pop, fly, plane, water, hanger, fly, water, Pop Pop,..." you get the picture! Daddy got him a water at the airport, and the poor baby drank half of it!!!!! I have to get my brain in gear for two kids... scary!!!

Sam and Daddy took off, and Jake and I went home, where Jake decided he didn't need to sleep for the rest of the day! BJ got home, and Jake was still screaming - I gladly handed him over and sat down... what a day!!!!

Tomorrow, we're headed to the lake for Thanksgiving. Sam is going to come home with us... then, we're on our own! BJ's not sure if he's going to work or not on Friday - I REALLY hope not!!!! BUT, regardless, I'm on my own at least starting Monday!!!! Pray for me! I think I'll need it! I keep telling myself that plenty of people have done this, and they seem sane and normal and put together, so SURELY I can do this!!!!?????

Happy Thanksgiving --- we sure do have A LOT to be thankful for this year... even more than usual!!!!

No comments: