MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Friday, July 02, 2010

Funnies and Pictures...

I have a few 'funnies' saved up:
  • Sam, Jake and I were discussing a balloon that had recently left us (and by that, I mean Jake let it go and it flew away... and it was devastating... and it still 'bothers' him over a month later). They have agreed that it went to heaven. Sam was trying to decide how long it has taken the balloon to get there, and he said, "It's a long way up to the Stair Palace." Awwwww....
  • Many mornings on the way to church, we play the quiet game. Jake TOTALLY gets the object of the game, but NEVER complies. In his constant babbling, BJ started talking to me and he yells, "Daddy LOST!!!!!"
  • Sam splashed some water out of the tub one night at bath time. BJ started drying it up and talking to Sam about how sad it makes Mommy and Daddy when he makes a mess. Sam looked at him and said, "Please just dry it up. Mommy doesn't have to know about it this time!"
  • Mosquitoes seem to be a bit more of an issue this year!? Sam has had quite a few bites here lately. He scratches, needs medicine, etc. Somehow one got in the house and he and Jake were 'running' from it. Sam looked at me and said, "It's OK mommy. When Daddy gets home, he can shoot it with his gun and kill it." Thanks buddy....
  • Jake got the hand towel from the guest bathroom (which is navy blue with a row of red stars - we're festive around here) and wrapped it around his shoulders. He came swinging into the kitchen to me saying, "Look at me Mommy. I a black boy!" I don't make these things up, folks!
  • Sam was playing with a particular toy that we only have one of (this is rare that we only have one, and you're about to see why). Jake decided he wanted to play with it too. This then involves me refereeing to make sure that each child gets a fair turn. When I told Sam it was his turn to share it with Jake, Sam looked at me and said, "Well.... OK... here's the deal: I'll just put it there (high on the counter) and that way no one can get it right now."
  • While in the office, I hear Sam yelling, "Jake dumped the crayons!!!" Me: "Please clean them up. I don't want to come in there and see a big mess!" Sam: "Then you just don't come in here if you don't want to see a big mess!" Jake: "I not did it! Sam did it!" I just didn't go in this time....
  • Sam and Jake got their little round chairs and put them on the floor upside down. Sam started saying (and Jake started repeating), "I'm driving a meaty van (mini van)!" I don't know where this came from... I don't drive a meaty OR a mini van!!!!!
  • I typically put Jake to bed at night while BJ puts Sam to bed... I pray with him, read him a story, then rock him for a few minutes... then he always wants some water. A while back I forgot his water cup downstairs, so I hollered for "BBBB JJJJJ" to get it for me. Jake found this amusing and started yelling for "BBBB JJJJ" too (BJ didn't find this as amusing and Jake and I did!?). Last night, I was rocking him, he pulled his paci out of his mouth, grinned at me and said, "I think I need water... BBBBB JJJJJ!!!!!!" It was hysterical... especially since it has been a few weeks since that 'incident!' He totally just wanted me to laugh at him ---- it worked!!!!

That's all of those for now... onto some pictures!

Sam crawling around the ENTIRE pool! He has SOOOO amazed me at his adventurous attitude at the pool now! He has an inner tube that he jumps in and goes anywhere!
A particularly chilly day at the pool...
Water day in the driveway while Daddy mowed the grass...
We discovered Jake's 'swimsoup' was a bit large still... Sam set these up one morning on my side of the bed.... that night, I stumbled over them in the middle of the night getting up for/with one of the kids. Sam rebuilt them and then came to me and said, "Mommy, I would like to remind you to get up on the other side of the bed next time!"
Jake's pb&j face... lunch at the pool!
Sam got himself dressed....
My cuties.... they came to the park while I had a photo shoot (for the record, Jen met us there and babysat while I worked!!!)

But it was a cool picture of MY boys nonetheless!!!!!

No comments: