MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's My Right...

So, it's my blog, my opinion... I'm not holding back!


I have the smartest child in the world! (And you thought it was going to be a political opinion!)Having a smart child offers a challenge as a mom most days, but it sure does make us proud! No - he's not been classified as 'gifted' or anything like that... just by his Mommy! Let me explain...


I had a 'regular' teacher's conference Tuesday with Sam's teacher. They 'run them through a few various tests,' and rate them on their understanding/knowledge. There are three categories, and Sam ranked the highest in EVERY ONE of them! That's my boy! A couple of examples of what he had to do was, he had to name 10 different objects, shapes and colors... got them all (OK, so the crescent shape is a moon and the oval shape is an egg - but that's still right on!) He is the only child in his class that is potty trained (he has been for 8 months now); furthermore, he is the only BOY she has EVER had in her 2-yr-old classed that has been potty trained in her past five years of teaching! (She's been sprayed a few times!!!) He is behaving well, and participates in songs and rhymes (I'm surprised). He also interacts with the other kids (I'm shocked). Sam's teacher calls him "Mr. Serious" because he's always thinking and taking things in. He'll stand to the back and just observe all the chaos around him. Far cry from the Sam I know (and love) at home - running all over Jake and pushing his way into my or BJ's range of attention!!!! Nonetheless, I just needed to brag - and be 'that mom' that thinks her child is brilliant because he knows a few shapes and colors and can tee tee in the potty ;) I'm hoping this is just the first of many good reports of Sam, but, just in case, I need to brag while I can!!!!! =)


Last weekend, BJ, Daddy, Bo and Jen took Sam to the airshow at Dobbins Air Force Base. Sam absolutely LOVED it, of course! He wasn't really a fan of how loud it was, but that only became an issue as he got tireder (is that a word?). He still talks all the time about it... the loud jets, the quiet orange helicopter, the 'smokers' (the planes that blew smoke), the fire that came out of the planes (!?), the by-planes, Bo, Jen, Pop Pop and Daddy! I think everyone enjoyed it!


While the boys were off at the airshow, Mama and I took Jake for his one-year pictures! They turned out better than I thought they were going to... but, they WERE of Jake, so they would NEVER have been bad!!! (Sorry I haven't 'edited' them yet!)











Jake didn't get to smash his cake at the party (too messy), so we did it for the pictures!

OH - and Sam's latest funny story: He and BJ were doing 'man work' on BJ's car, and Sam was playing with his box of acorns. He dropped an acorn into a hole in BJ's car (didn't see that coming), looked at BJ and said, "How am I going to get that acorn out of here?" HAHAHA! It's there forever!!!! =)

Sam got sick on me yesterday afternoon (literally ON me - what is it with my kids and puking ON me? I'm the good guy here!). He has puked a couple of times and has been running a fever. He seems to be feeling better today - no puking - but the fever is still hanging around. We're hoping he's feeling good tomorrow, because we're going to see Thomas the Train!!! Then Boo at the Zoo on Saturday!!! (Then we have a couple of weekends 'off' - thank goodness!)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Well, I'm not blood related, but I too think that he is one of the smartest little boys around! And so does my Mom who has heard countless stories and reads your blog. And believe me, she's come across a lot of kids during her many years of teaching. And so does Hunt - he left our first dinner with y'all saying "that is one incredibly smart little boy."

So, not just Mommy pride. Evidently rock solid proof. :)

Love you - let's set up a play date soon please.