MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Time at our house...

This Christmas was an absolute blast at our house this year! Sam was the hit of the day/week! Well, Jake too, but this was our first Christmas with Sam actually understanding what was going on!

He opened every present and wanted to stop and play with each thing... "Open!" And everything that required to be opened also required a knife, crow bar (sp?), etc!!!! Sam got a slide (for inside the house - it's about 3 1/2 ft tall), and he absolutely LOVES it! He and Jake got a wagon so I can pull them around the neighborhood when it gets warmer, he got a ton of books, and a ton of 'educational' toys! One is a video game to play on T.V. and another is a keyboard that fits over our keyboard so he can play on the computer too! Santa was SO GOOD to Sam and Jake both this year! Sam kept saying, "Santa brings presents and toys!"

Jake got a few stuffed animals - one of which lights up and sings... Sam got one too, and he kept playing them both at the same time... very cute... and loud! The other one didn't do anything, so Sam kept handing it to us saying, "Screw driver, fix it!" Love that kid!

Back to the story where Pop Pop took Sam to the farm and took his pants and diaper off and taught him to tee tee in the grass...
I put Sam's tractor shirt on him this morning, and he said "Tee tee shirt!" Took me a minute, but I figured out that must have been the shirt he was wearing that day! Even funnier... he DID NOT want me to put his pants on, and he kept asking for his boots!!!! That kid forgets NOTHING (that you want him to anyway)!!!!!!!

Bo brought Rock Band out to the house.... ooooooo, we are GOOD!!!!!! We formed a band, called Sir Agony - we were later re-named Pure Agony!!!! We all played the instruments, but the basic band was BJ on guitar, Jen singing, and me and Bo on the drums... yes, Bo and I were not allowed to do our own instrument - it literally took us both, and we were STILL the 'anchor' of the band... and when I say anchor, I mean that we were holding everyone else back!!!!!!!! I tried the drums alone, and keeping two beats with my hands, and trying to add a foot pedal in too was absolutely HIDEOUS!!!!!! It was ugly! I have a new-found respect for Ben Hardy!!!! I did get the hang of the guitar, but only on 'Easy'!!!! Oh, and we all took our stab at singing... It was not pretty... I sound so much better in the shower or in the car! Funny, I sound just like the lead singers then... don't know what happened!? It's like you really think you're singing good, then you listen to yourself on the mic, and you realize that you should just mouth the words in church, lest you run off everyone sitting around you... or you're what they joke about at lunch afterwards!!!!!! BJ could rock the drums, by the way, and Jen was a super star singer!

Fun times... looking forward to our next tour...

Oh! And BJ was given tickets to the Chk-Fil-A Bowl (AKA Peach Bowl) where Clemson will be playing Auburn on the 31st... Mama and Daddy have agreed to keep the kids, so Bo, Jen, BJ and I are going!!!! We're so excited! I told BJ I have toyed with the idea of taking advantage of the kids being gone and just crawling into bed and not leaving it for about 12-14 hours!!!!! Nah... I can sleep when I'm dead!!!!! It's going to be a blast!!!!

These are pictures Anna took ( http://www.annacookbrown.com/ ) of us for our Christmas presents to the family!!!! She did such an awesome job! I TOTALLY recommend her if you are in need of a photographer... forget those stuffy studios!!!!

And here is the Birth Announcement / Christmas Card that she designed for us (she really is awesome!!!):

Christmas pictures to come later...

No comments: