MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Whirlwind...

So, trying to get ready for Christmas (with these two high-maintenance kids) is a bit of a challenge! We have been super busy! Besides the 'normal' (and I use that word LOOSELY) day-to-day survival, we have celebrated Mama's birthday, I have had a doctor's appointment, Jake has had a cardiologist appointment, we have shopped for Santa (lucky guy - we do all the work, and he gets all the credit!), gone to BJ's holiday party at work,... I can't think of everything all at once!!!

Jake's cardiologist appointment was a bit of a bummer. Dr. Samai wasn't even going to do an echo, but, after feeling his pulses and measuring his blood pressures in his upper and lower extremities, he decided we needed to take a look because there seemed to be a substantial difference in the upper and lower blood pressures. This is because of the coarctation in his aorta (restriction), which was repaired during surgery; it is expected for him to have a little difference. We waited about 10 minutes for the ultrasound tech, but she was nowhere to be found. Dr. Samai knows we drive all the way to Marietta just for him, so he went ahead and did it himself so he could get us out of there to beat traffic (just another reason we LOVE Jake's dr!). The echo showed that, yes, there is a difference - but there's still a wide margin of error with each of these methods. Therefore, we have to go back to Egleston for a heart cath. If they find the coarc is 'back' then they'll do a balloon procedure to stretch the aorta out to help blood flow better. Worst case, that doesn't work (or work for long), and he'll have to have surgery again!

I really believe that this heart cath will either show everything is fine, or that the balloon procedure will be sufficient. The outward signs show that Jake is doing great! Wonderful and scary all at the same time, good because that means he isn't 'that bad' and bad because, if he is having a problem, we can't tell!!!!!!! SO, Dr. Samai doesn't want us stressing over the holidays, nor does he want to wait for three weeks to get this done, so we should be going for this procedure this week sometime!

We were bummed about the news, but are trying not to freak out until we know that there is actually something to freak out about. That being said, I look at my little baby and just hug on him and kiss on him and tell him he HAS to be all right! I just don't know if I can handle all the tubes and wires on my little guy again!?

We all know I am a PLANNER... this is killing me not knowing when this heart cath will be and having to wait on someone to call me and tell me when we are going. Not only is this an involved procedure that will keep us there all day (he will be sedated, but no breathing tubes or anything like that) - we were also told to plan on spending the night! Great! Another reason I need to have my ducks in a row and be able to plan around this day we are speaking of!

All this being said, Jake had a WONDERFUL night last night! He slept for SEVEN HOURS in a row!!! Which means we slept for SIX STRAIGHT HOURS! I feel like a new woman (well, slight exaggeration, but good anyway)! He smiles at us all the time - we have to make silly faces and tickle him sometimes, but he is such a happy little baby boy!

Sam is doing wonderful - Captain Destructo remains at large! He likes to help me pump (Mommy make milk), so he grabs the vacuum handle and cranks it up and thinks it's hilarious when I scream in pain! He has a toy that says that cows make milk, so now he says, "Cows make milk, Mommy makes milk" LOVELY - I'm compared to a cow - AGAIN! Sam and Pop Pop went to the farm last week where he learned to tee tee in the grass (no pictures, but imagine Sam in his boots, shirt and nothing else running around wetting in the grass!) Now, we drive by a field and Sam says, "Tee tee grass." He tried to pick Jake up out of his swing today - just like he sees Mommy do... YIKES! Every time I'm on the 'puter' he runs and wants me to "Pick you up" and "See Pop Pop's airplane"... he's just a cutie! I have a couple more stories, but they would give away Christmas, so I hope I remember them after the holidays!!!!!

God is good, I still say - what a wonderful season to be celebrating that!


More pictures...

Thanksgiving... Brandon (BJ's bother, who is a SENIOR now at FSU) came with us - it was so much fun, and having him there just made it more complete!
Sam and Pop Pop with "Pop Pop's airplane!"
"See Mimi"
Pop Pop's helper!Rico... as in Suave!Our little cowboy! He looks like he actually just stands there for pictures... don't let this fool you!!!OK - I don't care who you are, this is CUTE!!!!!!!

No comments: