MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

We did it!

We, well, (I mean, BJ and the boys helped, but I was the one holding everyone back here!) followed through and Jake is officially out of the crib - like, it's taken apart and in the basement - and he sleeping in his big boy bed! I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be.... that may be because we bought all of the 'stuff' we needed yesterday afternoon and didn't get home until 7:30 PM.  At which time I still had to wash sheets, BJ had to disassemble the crib, of course I wanted to vacuum and wipe down the baseboards of Jake's room, etc, etc.... so the boys didn't get into bed until 9:30!  Two hours is still a pretty good turnover, if you ask me! So, all that being said, the boys (and us) were wiped out, and getting to sleep wasn't a huge deal - well..... it took Jake an hour or so.  We told him that big boys who sleep in big boy beds didn't use pacis (pies), so he was cool with that and went to bed just fine.  He called for me quite a bit, so I went up to see if I could rock him to sleep.  He never asked for his pie, but the child WOULD NOT stop talking!  I finally got his pie back, gave it to him, rocked him for a minute and put him back in bed.  Worked like a charm! Thank goodness!!!!!  Soooo..... big boy bed - check.  Getting rid of the pie when he sleeps... not-so-much! Oh well.... baby steps!
He only woke up twice during his first night... once for water (not uncommon) and once to potty.  SUCH a big boy now!  It's bittersweet for Mommy! :-(

Here is his new bed, all made up!
Our big boy trying it out...
He's 'pretending' to be asleep!
No more pretending...
Goofy!!!!
Bedtime (for real) this time!!!
Still having to pretend to be asleep!
Night-night big boy!!!
Of course Sam had to get in on the action too... he got a new set of Iron Man sheets (his new favorite now... which is news to me!!!)

Jake is actually supposed to be napping right now... so far I have heard a lot of banging around going on up there.  I've been up there multiple times to get him to lay down.  Ugh.... this is what I was afraid of!  He's WAY too excited to sleep!  This is also what happens in the camper with their bunk beds.
*SIGH*
Again... this too shall pass.... and I'll miss it!!!!

No comments: