MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Friday, August 13, 2010

It may be time...

For a big boy bed???
**FYI - my camera woke him up from his nap (I turned the beep off and everything, but the SNAP still makes (a lot of) noise - note to self).... this didn't make for a great afternoon, but I am writing this post a couple of days after said picture was taken, so now I'm glad I have the picture that will last a lifetime - it was worth 'the afternoon!' **

Bless his heart... he'll be three in October!  Sam was half his age when I moved him into his big boy bed!  Am I just holding onto 'my little baby?'  No doubt!
Is it that I don't want to 'redo' his room... or deal with the dilemma of keeping his room the same or not? You bet!
Do I just not want to deal with him escaping and having a run at the house whenever he chooses? Absolutely... although that may be a moot point since he has begun jumping out and looking around the house for me when he wakes up!
Or is it that I have not-so-fond memories of going through the transition with Sam and I am in total denial? Yep, that too!!!!

It's all of above... probably mostly the first one, though!  My little guy is growing up.... I want my baby back!
I keep telling myself that it was so difficult with Sam because I had a newborn, home from the hospital maybe a month... that had just undergone open heart surgery, and I was extremely hormonal and emotional!

This theory worked with potty training... Jake was an absolute joy to potty train!  And I put it off over and over because I had such not-so-fond memories of potty training Sam (picture me in the fetal position feeling like a total failure by the time BJ got home!).  Again.... probably had SOMETHING to do with Jake being only a few months old when I took on THAT task!!!!

Let's hope this is the case....... commence big boy bed THIS WEEKEND!!!!!  (I think! ;-)

No comments: