MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I gotta start somewhere...

I have been a little overwhelmed with how far behind I am with blogging and posting pictures, which causes me to put it off even more... which causes me to feel more overwhelmed... you see the vicious cycle! So ---- I gotta start somewhere... we'll see how far I get!!!!

First - What are those kids up to?
  • Jake is obsessed with dog food. I was rocking him to sleep just now and all I smelled was dog food (bummer, because he still has that YUMMY baby smell)! He grabs a handful and runs. Usually he drops it, but at least a couple times a day I find myself digging it out of his mouth! This morning, he saw me coming and ran. I told him to give me the dog food - it's amazing to me just how much he can understand (when he wants to) - and he opened his mouth and gave me one piece (I could see at least two more); turned and kept running! I caught him and dug the other pieces out. YUCK! And get this... we usually buy the small dog food for our small dog, but this bag we accidentally got the LARGE BREED food!!! BJ and I, in our 'laziness,' decided Stormie could handle the larger pieces just fine...... WHAT ABOUT JAKE????????? Great time to get BIG dog food for the obsessed baby to CHOKE on!!!!!!
  • Jake can say over 30 words now. He is simply amazing. He can repeat back even more that that! He tells us he's happy, NO (that's a great one), uh-uh, etc. I can ask him where Daddy is and he'll point or tell me, "I don't know!" Really --- I'm not exagerating! Yep, add it up - he's only 14-months-old!!!!
  • Sam started 'singing' in the car. It just happen that he was singing "No-No" over and over. Jake joined in. Absolutely adorable!
  • Jake is a loving little thing. He will run up to us in the middle of playing, give us GIGANTIC hugs (and kisses), then push us away to go play again! Those hugs are priceless!!!!!
  • Jake LOVES to 'sing' and dance. Anytime he hears music he's swaying or bouncing up and down.
  • Sam is just as cute and amazing. Although, his 'stories' are turning into those devious 2 1/2-year-old moments.... I was washing dishes the other day, and he stuck his finger in my pants and said, "I see your crack, Mommy!" (It wasn't showing, by the way!)
  • My mom was holding him before we opened presents at Christmas and asked him if he wanted to open one present while we were waiting (don't ask on what). He smiled SO BIG and YELLED, "THAT'D BE GREAT, MIMI!" It was hysterical!!!
  • Sam plays with his cars and other toys and now has conversations back and forth with them. It's funny to listen to and watch. He's growing up!!!! =(
  • We were asking Sam what his full name was and he said, "Samuel Walker Laterveer." Then we asked him what Jake's full name was. He said, "Jake-uel Walker Laterveer."
  • If Sam 'needs' my attention and I'm on the phone, he'll say, "Stop talking Mommy!"
  • I put Sam down for a nap yesterday and had to go in there a few times. He just wasn't sleepy. The first time, I was tucking him back in and saw that he had a huge (devious) grin on his face. As I was searching for the sheet, I found his McQueen rubber rain boots on his feet! The next time I went up there, I was met at the door by a buck-naked 2 1/2-yr-old! He had taken his clothes (and underwear) off, climbed his dresser (again) and had decided he wanted to wear his McQueen jammy pants! Oh boy!!!!

Hopefully I'll think of more Sam stories.... we are constantly laughing at what he comes up with!

Christmas pictures and all the rest will come soon. There.... I got started at least!!!

1 comment:

Cristin said...

I love reading your blog..it just makes me laugh and smile:) Let's get together for lunch or dinner soon since we weren't able to over Christmas. let me know what's good for you!!!