MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

OCD Moment...

So the kids are growing up so fast! I get in these little moods where I want to write down everything they do and say because I don't want to forget ANYTHING! Yep, some may call it OCD... I tend to think of it as ENJOYING my children - for years and years to come!?

Anyway - here are a few funnies/stories OCD Mommies like me wouldn't want to forget:
  • Sam wakes up around 6/6:30 (6:45 is AWESOME) these days. He usually comes into my room and watches T.V. while I doze a little more. Then, I get in the shower, I get Jake out of bed (who has probably been awake for 30 minutes or more), and go downstairs for breakfast. One particular morning, Sam was hungry earlier than usual and READY to go down. I always tell him he has to wait for Mommy to get dressed, and I craftily put that off until after I have my make-up on. He kept telling me to "get dressed, Mommy!" and I would tell him "after I get my make-up on." He looked up at me and said, "You don't need make-up Mommy, you look beautiful!" Awwwww...... if only I thought he actually meant it!
  • At least a few times a week, I have to explain to Sam exactly WHY we cannot go outside and tee tee on a bush. "But Mimi lets me," is ALWAYS his argument!!!!!
  • I spilled (just a little) coffee on the carpet yet again. BJ came down and was shaking his head at me (of COURSE it HAD to be on a Saturday!). All the while, I was saying, "the kids jumped on top of me!!!!" BJ didn't seem to believe me so much - something about past precedent... Sam looked at him, pointed his finger at him and said, "It WAS my fault, Daddy!"
  • When we got our Christmas tree back in it's box, BJ picked it up to carry it downstairs (mind you the box is bigger than BJ), and Sam looked up and said, "WHOA!!!! WHOA!!!!! WHOA!!!!!" Over, and over, and over.... BJ thought that was the coolest thing that Sam thought he was so strong (which he is ;)
  • BJ was playing with Sam and grabbing Sam's leg, asking if this is where the horse-y eats corn (a typical tickle game in our house), and Sam looked at him and asked, "Well, then where does the cow eat hay?"
  • Sam is so funny in how his mind works. When he wants something, he'll say, "I just wish...." The funniest of late is when I was rinsing his hair in the tub. He said, "I just wish I didn't have ears." (um, why?) "because then water wouldn't get in them!" Good reason, but NO!!!!
  • Sam usually tells me he is not tired or doesn't want to go to sleep for his nap (typical, but he usually does really well... except today when he woke up at TWO!!!!) The other day as we were going up, he said, "Let's put Jake to bed, then Sam and Mommy can go to the farm!" (We didn't, by the way!)
  • Onto Jake... he is talking so much - and he knows some colors too! Amazes me daily! He says 'please' (pees) and 'thank you' (tanks) at the appropriate times. He loves his shoes (soos), his water (wadwa), and he has no problem telling me "no, no, no!" He also answers my questions, usually with "I do," or "I don't know." And they're REAL answers, not just words to him! Fascinating! He also LOVES to talk on the phone. Any chance he gets, it's "Hewo?" So cute! So many others I can't think of right now!
  • Jake LOVES his Daddy! Anytime Stormie barks, he is running to the door yelling, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" When he wakes up in the morning and after nap, he is asking for "Daddy?" What am I, chop liver? It would appear as such... for now!
  • When Jake takes a sip of his drink and he's really thirsty, he'll take the sip, look up at me and go, "Ahhhhh..." So funny! I think he's looking for my laugh!!!
  • When BJ washes his feet, Jake will tell us he's "Happy! Happy! Happy!" Never gets old!
  • Sam and Jake are playing together better and better. Jake can't hold his own quite yet, but Sam is getting better (sometimes) about not clobbering Jake! That's a win for me!

So, there it is.... the stuff I can remember today! I am ready for warmer weather so I can take the kids outside to play. The days get long in the house ALL the time! And for Pete's sake, so we don't have to wear SOCKS! They both take them off CONSTANTLY!!!!

1 comment:

Nicole Roberts said...

THIS is exactly why I blog. Finally someone who gets it! I'm just so afraid of forgetting. :)
I love reading about your boys. Your stories just have me rolling.