MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Adventures are Never-Ending!

In the course of the morning, Sam has:

  • drank old curdled milk that had apparently sat out all WEEKEND!? How this happened, I do not know... I'm usually vigilant about putting the milk back in the frig - guess in my hurry to get out the door (we spent the weekend at the farm), I missed that one! He CRIED and CRIED about it. I don't think he got enough to do any harm... let's hope. It was REALLY stinky!!!

  • utterly DESTROYED his Thomas train track I had set up in hopes to entertain him for a little while for me to look something up online. It lasted five minutes... maybe! Think he was vying for some attention????

  • eaten five gummy worms in less than five minutes... again, my attempt to keep him quiet and happy for me to look that same piece of info up online! All that accomplished was me typing with one hand and holding him out of the gummy worm bag or off my arm for said five minutes!

  • run around nude b/c he refused underwear, then finally wanted undies, and finally wanted pants back on... just not until I was upstairs getting Jake up from his nap and attempting to change a poo! All I heard was Sam downstairs WHINING, "Waaaaaannnnnntttt paaaannnntttsss oooooooooooooonnnnnnnnn," over and over and over and over and over....

  • played his Leap Frog video game, where he informed me we needed to change the "Idiomas". For you non-Spanish-speaking people, that is Spanish for 'language'! Every time we turn it on, we have to change it back to English. I guess he heard me say that we need to change the idiomas and has caught on!!!! SMART, huh?
  • attempted to do "man work" on Jake's head multiple times. Resulting in Jake crying... one thing I am determined that child should never have to do (although, unfortunately, he must cry SOME times!)

  • eaten an ok lunch and gone down for a nap at 12:40 (usually, he goes down between 1 and 2). The farm wears him out, you see, so he is still catching up on sleep... let's hope he takes a really LONG nap this afternoon!!!

Sam, Jake and I went to the farm this weekend while BJ went to his brother's graduation in Tallahassee. There was no way we could have made the 6-hr drive with two little kids in tow and been able to be still and quiet for a LONG ceremony (4 hours) as well as a dinner that was a couple hours long... and made it back home in one piece!!! So BJ represented us all... quietly!


At the farm, I learned yet a few more things:

  • Even after the rain is over, it still 'rains' in the woods for a few more hours!
  • My cell phone is a piece.
  • Four wheelers WILL get stuck! Especially when you are driving extra slow and trying to be extra careful b/c you have a toddler on the front!
  • My parents still view me as a kid. Wonder why? Refer back to four wheeler incident!
  • I LIKE still being viewed as a kid!

I do believe I am the first of the clan to get so stuck that I had to walk back to the barn! I was driving Sam, and was going super slow and being super careful. That was my demise, I have decided. I drove down into the creek, and the slower you go, the wider the turns become on these things. My turn took the whole width of the creek. I remember thinking, "hmmm, that looks a little deep. But this is a 4-wheeler, it will make it out - just don't stop." About that time, I stopped. BUT, I kept pushing the gas. When I first stopped, my feet were well out of the water. My back tires started digging a nice hole in the creek bed. SO, I stopped and looked around. At this time, Sam is informing me, "Four wheeler stuck?" Thanks for the newsflash! Of course, I am alone (we rarely venture out alone around there), and in the middle of the water... with my two-yr-old. I stood on the seat and lurched onto the bank while holding Sam. My thought was that I could get him high enough that he wouldn't slip back into the water - if I did, no biggie. We actually both made it. I got him to stand on the bank while I got back on the four wheeler and attempted to ROCK it out of it's hole. Back and forth... the hole just got deeper... by now, my feet are ankle deep in water. At this point, I didn't want to damage Daddy's four wheeler, so I jumped back onto the bank and scooped Sam up.

Now, the farm is 100 acres. So, just imagine me covering at least 50 of those acres on foot in the middle of the HOT afternoon CARRYING my 32 pound son. The grass is ankle to knee high, and we're walking from the creek to the barn. Watching for snakes and various other wildlife I would NOT like to meet, and scared to death that the four wheeler is going to be whisked away by the bubbling current of the creek (I know, that's silly)! I was talking to Sam the whole way - didn't want him to be scared... he wasn't. He kept pointing to the creek and saying, "Pop Pop's four wheeler in there; Mommy stuck Pop Pop's four wheeler." Yup, sure did! For those who don't realize the topography of land with water... you must travel DOWN to get to the water; SO, I was traveling UPHILL the whole way to get to the barn. I was literally on the OTHER side of the property! It was basically 'Survivor Oconee County' ok????

We finally made it to the barn. Daddy was not mad at all - neither was Mama. They were actually both laughing at me (once they were sure we were ok). Daddy and I took Mama's four wheeler back and pulled his out (well, he muscled it out), and everything was A-OK! Whew!!!

After that, Mama was driving Sam, and I was following. Sam kept looking back and telling Mama, "Mommy stuck?" He was so concerned about me! Or my driving????

I told BJ that I got the four wheeler stuck, and his reaction was, "Good!" Like, "I'm glad you did it first and not me," or, "I'm glad you were riding 'that hard'" or something!? Once I explained I was alone and with Sam, he was like, "Awww, Man!"

Really, that's it???? =)

Always an adventure!!!!!!!! Pictures to come later... yes, I took pictures of it all!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why would Tammy think we would get mad? A 4-wheeler is a machine--replaceable--children are not. We are just happy to have the kids there (we did miss BJ, Bo and Jen). No, your kids never really do grow up, but they do get more wonderful all the time--then you get the MOST wonderful grandchildren!
Tammy, I so enjoy your blog! You should really publish this, but I think the best is yet to come?
I love you!