MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Friday, January 25, 2008

Beware of the big white SUV's...

So BJ was following me the other day - we were on the phone with each other - and I pulled into Quick Trip. I hear him yell, "Oh! My Gosh, Babe! You just cut that car off!" I replied, "huh? Are you talking to me?" "Yes," he exclaimed. To which I said, "Was that horn I heard blowing at ME???" "YES!" he yelled, "You need to pay more attention!" So now I wonder how many times something like this has happened and I had absolutely NO IDEA!!!??? If he hadn't been behind me and told me, I would have never known that I had put both of my children in harms way just then!? OH MY GOSH... I am THAT driver!!!!! I'm not just blond, but I'm a blond MOTHER of TWO, who is running on little sleep... I am literally scared now! I think too that I have slowed down a lot (well, I KNOW I've slowed down), and that makes me (amongst other things) pay attention less. Maybe I should go back to my aggressive driving...

That being said, please have compassion on those 'soccer moms' in their big white SUV's... we know not what we do, and are really trying to be EXTRA careful!!!

In the past couple of weeks, Sam has been sick, Mama and Daddy have been sick (b/c they kept Sam again for us), BJ got sick, I have been sick, and now Jake has caught it! I have been freaking myself out ALL DAY! I look at him and think he's turning blue, he's running a fever, and/or he's panting... it's just a cold, but these doctors have me scared to death that it can turn into pneumonia in no time. That being said, the last two nights, he has slept on my chest. I have gotten pretty much no sleep (which obviously makes for even worse driving experiences), and Jake is doing ok. I just hate that it's the weekend, and he's just at the beginning of this cold; it's his first; and he's a 'heart baby' which puts him at higher risk for everything. Ugggg... I am SO not a 'worrier' but Jake has brought out the best (or worst) in me, that's for sure!

I thought that Jake had lost a pound in the last month... turns out that I got a little dyslexic, and it took BJ hammering me with questions to get me to look it up in his records (I 'didn't have to b/c I could remember, thank you very much!') to find out that I had switched his L-B's with his O-Z's... OOPS!!!! My bad! Again, blaming on lack of sleep! Looking back: Like I wouldn't notice a 13 pound baby losing a whole pound... man, I'm a little slow sometimes!!! He's a chunk (a happy little chunk, I might add) and doing just fine - except for this little cold business!

I have some good pictures that I will post another time... I'm TIRED, and going to bed - SOON! Mama and Daddy have Sam, and BJ is feeding Jake so we can retire momentarily! Who am I to keep the bed waiting??? Obviously, I need some quality time with my pillow to get my sanity back!?

No comments: