MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Friday, May 07, 2010

Time Has Blogged Away from Me!!!

Yes, yes it has!!!! It could be because I am extremely busy editing pictures for my new business... or because my best friend is getting married and I'm her matron of honor (she really hasn't had me busy, I just wanted to say that - it sounds really cool!)... or because I have a 2.5-yr-old and a 4-yr-old that don't listen to a word I say... or because I have an awesome husband who would like some attention - and he just turned 33... or because I want to spend time with my wonderful family (immediate and extended)... or because playdates are important - for the kids, of course... or because I am really enjoying my MOMs Bible Study on Wednesday mornings...
You see - I could go on.... life is just hectic! Hahaha! But with fun things that I really enjoy!

BUT - I don't want to lose any of these memories, so here are a few stories:
  • I think it's adorable that Sam refers to Jake as Jakers! And he even does some really sweet things for his brother... it's almost like he loves him!? Sometimes! Others, he is chasing him and 'shooting' him, which makes Jake cry!
  • Jake honestly believes he is a Super Hair-o (Hero)... "I'm gonna flyyyy, and save the day!" FYI - he has super hair-o jammies that may have contributed to this notion!!!
  • Sam gave me and BJ his first 'Diary of a Mad Black Woman' head bob attitude the other day!!! Picture the head moving to him saying, "I already told you that!" It didn't end well, don't you worry... and we haven't seen it since!
  • Sam and Jake helped us put out pine straw the other weekend.... Sam, by digging holes for us to fall in, and even urinating in one of them! We're really trying to work on this pulling our pants down in public thing!!!
  • Sam got in trouble at school (this has happened a few times since January, but this time Pop Pop picked him up from school). They have red (bad), yellow (not good) and green (good), and this day Sam had gotten yellow (thank GOD he hasn't gotten red!). Pop Pop asked him why he got on yellow, and Sam quickly answered, "Yellow is my mom's favorite color!" Oh yes... he did!!!!!
  • Jake has a precious habit of saying thank you here lately. "Thank you my dinner." "Thank you for Arby's mommy." "Thank you taking care of me!" Melt my heart!!!
That's all of those I have - for now! So... here are some of my latest pictures (I'll warn you, some are quite graphic!)

I told you - you should really head my warnings next time! But we HAD to take this picture because after over NINE months of being potty trained, Jake FINALLY poo pooed in the potty!!!!! He has a habit of only poo pooing in bed - and very quietly, I might add - to where we never get a chance to put him on the potty! BJ had success with him... after MANY, MANY, MANY failed attempts!!!!
Jake is in time out here... and Stormie - of all 'people' - comes to his defense! She is Jake's little buddy! And he refers to her as 'his good baby!'
Thomas jammies. Dragon rain boots... whatever! Safety first (he tells me that everytime I buckle him up in the car now too - no helmets necessary in the car though!)
The rain boots are back out... this time the jammies didn't make it!?Happy 33rd Birthday, BJ! I LOVE YOU!!!!
After telling Sam we're not dragging out the crayons, he sweetly says, "But I want to draw you a picture for Mother's Day." O..... K..... How do you turn THAT down???? And what a great picture he drew (he asked for my help with the clouds and sun, although HE colored them in!) It's a lollipop in the middle, a climbing apple tree and flowers and grass, with a driveway and a house (I helped with those too!)
Sam is also quite the builder! He built this Lincoln Logs house ALL BY HIMSELF!!!! I think he'll be following in his Daddy's footsteps (Architect for you who aren't sure what he does... he draws buildings!!!!) And Jake is DIEING to destroy Bubby's handywork!!!

No comments: