MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

GET READY!!!

So EVERYTHING that comes out of my kids mouths is so stinking cute... and extremely profound and smart! That being said (and fore-warned)... GET READY!!! I have some pictures and stories coming your way!!!

  • BJ was singing the alphabet to Jake last night, and Jake SANG it back! It was sooo cute (and pretty stinkin' smart)!!!! He kept singing, "Emo, ox, i, e" for w, x, y, z.... and SMILIN' the whole time!!!!
  • This morning I asked Sam what he was doing, and I got the (foot shuffling) "Nooothingggg...." answer! He's not old enough to be giving me this answer!!!!!
  • Jake knows all of his basic colors! WOW! And he totally surprised us... he usually only 'knows' them right after we tell him! Genius!!!!
  • I splurged and got myself Chick-Fil-A this afternoon and the kids some nuggets. After we finished, Sam asked me where his Happy Meal prize was. I informed him that this meal didn't come with a prize. He calmly asked, "Did you get a sad meal, Mommy?"
  • Sam showed Mimi his flowers that he had planted, but didn't know what kind they were. Mimi told him they were Periwinkles. Sam started calling them Pink Winkles! Pink Winkles they are!!!!
  • Jake still can't get on the couch by himself (which I was glad of because he just crawls to the edge and nose-dives off for sport). But Sam, being the great big brother that he is, went to the bathroom and got his stool, put it in front of the couch and showed Jake how to get up using that! Sweet... but not-so-great for Mommy.....
  • Everything Jake says is followed by 'mom.' "Help Mom," "Thanks Mom," "Why Mom," "All done Mom," "I see you Mom," .... you get the picture!!!!
  • Whether they fall and hurt themselves, or I spat their hands, both kids are immediately holding out said boo boo and saying, "Kiss it Mommy!" So cute and endearing... and extremely hard for me to keep my 'mad face' on when they're in trouble!!!!
  • Sam has also showed Jake how to go downstairs. I encourage tummies because it's safer (or appears so to me). Sam goes one step at a time... Jake holds his arms and legs up and Superman's down the whole flight of stairs at once!
  • Jake's latest habbit is to take his clothes off when he wakes up... diaper and all! Luckily he doesn't PLAY in the poop when it's in there, but it's on his hiney and wherever his hiney goes, there is also poop! Lovely.... as I type this, he is awake from his nap, and I am afraid of what I might find!!!! But I'm keeping on.... why????
  • I have figured out how to get Sam to be quiet! In the kitchen at least! I put a bird feeder outside the window (which he has taken full ownership of... when it needs re-filling). He would get so excited when they would come to the feeder that it scared them away. Now, he whispers when he's near it! Ahhhh.....
  • Jake pretty much says everything now. Sentences, thoughts, all of it. He even talks on the phone to Mimi and Pop Pop (there's a lot of babbling, then discernible words, followed by more babbling --- but he has A LOT to say!). Funny words: Fork (well, it doesn't sound like fork!?), S (well, it sounds like @$$), amongst other funny things he says!!!!
Pictures.................
More documentation of my baby's curls.... funny story about those to follow!When Sam wakes up and comes to my room, I have him a 'pillow bed' ready so he'll stay somewhat still and quiet so I can doze and/or get ready for the day.... and so he won't wake Jake up!The kids at church....Sam's last day of his first year of school... :-(School's out for the summer!!!! No, actually, I have no idea why he was naked (although it happens quite a bit with BOTH of my children!)Playing with Sam (aka "Bubby") is definitely a hard hat adventure!Jake's chillin.... watching SOMETHING on T.V.Playdate! All the kids (it's amazing) all lined up...
Landon (Jessica's), Riley and Ansley (Stacey's), Kaden and Macey (Cathy's), Collin (Kelly's), Jake and SamJake had JUST woken up... hair's a MESS!!!! This would make some people think of cutting it.... not me --- yet!!!!Sam half-dressed (again)!?
Sam dressing himself... hallelujah!Jake zoned (again)!I shaved Sam's head!!!!!!He looks like trouble!!!Sam and Jake with their new sand toys... waiting for their sand box to get here!It made it, and they couldn't wait for Daddy to get home and put it together!!! And of course assistance was needed for such man work!!!The signs say it all (and the smiles)!!!!This is hair stuck in the wheels of the bus.... Poor Jake stuck it on his head while it was on! When I finally dislodged it, there were some locks lost!!!!

No comments: