MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Monday, December 15, 2008

The FIRST Christmas Program...

So Sam had his first ever Christmas Program last week. I was so excited to go and see him 'perform.' Sadly, he was sick the weekend before and had to miss school on Tuesday. He definitely wasn't 100% by Thursday, but he wasn't contagious, and I was SO GLAD he was able to go! I think I would have been WAY more dissapointed to miss it than he would have been, though!

The theme was 'Bethlehem in the Barn,' so the kids were instructed to dress in western/Christmas attire. Don't know how that exactly ties together, but we figured it out! My mom found some cowboy boots and a cowboy outfit - and he wore a plaid shirt with red in it to tie in the Christmas part. I really didn't think Sam would wear any of it, but once he wore the boots a few times, we couldn't get them off of him, and BJ dressed him that morning in his chaps, vest and hat, and he LOVED it! I honestly couldn't believe it that he would wear the hat, but he did! AND - he still had it on by the time he had been at school for and hour and the program started!!!!

The three and four-year-olds were on the risers and sang a few songs. The two-year-olds came on stage for one song, then bowed and went back off (guess they weren't to be trusted to make it through the whole thing!?) I was so proud of my little guy! He looked so cute, and, get this... he even BOWED with the rest of them!!!! I was so shocked and excited to watch him 'perform'!!!!!
There he is on the far left (yeah.... the only one in a hat and full-on costume!)
Close-up!Talking to his friend!Exiting right stage!
So we don't do anything halfway. None of the other kids were QUITE as 'dressed up' for the them, but Sam enjoyed it, and it helped us spot him quickly!!!! This is one time where it would have been hard to have a girl, because we all know she would have had to wear a frilly Christmas dress!!!!

After the program, we had a Christmas Party for the kids and parents in Sam's classroom. Sam had fun, but he kept telling me he was ready to go. You see, my parents and BJ were there as well, and Sam knew he was going to Mimi and Pop Pop's after the party. So, he was ready to get the next party started!!!!! Stinker!!!!
Here's the fam... Mimi and Pop Pop came too - thank goodness!!!!

Sam and BJ made a gingerbread house for the table decoration at the party. Mimi made the reindeer cupcakes.... with Pop Pop's help of course! They were so cute!!!! What would I do without her???

No comments: