MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Surprise!

Last night after we put the boys down, Mama and Daddy called. They wanted to know if it was OK if Daddy flew over and picked Sam up (YES! was my reply before I heard anymore!) to take him to Rome to take my grandmother out for lunch. But wait... it gets better! Then, they're taking him back home and they're going to the farm the weekend! I'll get him back Sunday or Monday!!! (Daddy remembered the deal we made last time: if you take Sam flying, he has to go home with you... he was SO DISTRAUGHT when Pop Pop returned him and flew off without him).

This was divine intervention/perfect timing! Of course, I miss my little boy, and as soon as he woke up I couldn't get enough hugs and kisses... BUT, yesterday had been especially tough!

Let's see... Sam woke up at 6:30 AM, Jake woke up at 7 AM. While we were attempting breakfast and getting ready for the day, I looked over and saw something shiny in Jake's mouth. Ran over to investigate and found my WEDDING RING in his mouth!? WHEW... he can't even eat PUFFS without choking! And how did he get THAT??? I dunno.... If it HAD made it down, I guess I would have been poop-diving for awhile!? That would be super emberracing to have to call the doctor about!!!
We went to a friends house to swim. Sam would not listen to ANYTHING I said. He raked cushions off of the chairs, threw towels into the pool, knocked Jake over in the water (a few times), attempted to put their sand/water table IN the pool, and pretty much anything else I DIDN'T want him to do! I got them home, Jake down (who slept for two hours), Sam fed and down. Stormie barked about an hour and a half into Sam's nap (Jake was already up) and woke him up. He wouldn't go back to sleep.

OK, since we were all up for the afternoon by 2:30 (YIKES!), I decided to go to Publix. They (OK, Sam) love to ride in the race car cart, so I loaded them in. One isle in, Sam had hit, elbowed, attempted to bite, and kicked Jake so many times that I just removed Jake and carried him (he was in sobbing tears at this point). A lady walked by as I was spatting Sam's hand and talking firmly to him and said, "OH MY!" I looked up at her and shot her a look and bit my tongue to not say, "You can be next, Lady! You don't want any of this!" I grabbed a few more items and headed for the checkout. I had picked Sam up a bottle of water at the beginning (b/c he was WHINING about how THIRSTY he was and how he NEEDED WATER!), and by the time I needed to pay for it, the cap was missing (it WAS NOT in Jake's mouth). Cashier guy gave me a funny look and I mustered a smile and apologized! Before I finished paying, Sam had managed to spill the rest of the water all over the cart and the floor. The cashier and the bag girl had to get towels and clean it up (I offered, but they gave me a funny look given the 25 pound baby on my hip). I apologized AGAIN, and muttered something about "I bet we're those people you see coming and you pray we go to the next line, huh?" and hung my head in defeat and ran on out of the store.

From there, Sam just got more and more difficult. Poor Jake spent more time crying than smiling! And Sam would do something to Jake then go put himself in time out!

Needless to say, it was a day. So what a WELCOME surprise when Mama and Daddy offered to take him for a couple of nights! Now Jake can have a couple of peaceful days!!! Even after all of that, I miss the little guy terribly!

I couldn't resist... I walked outside a few minutes ago and saw this. Sam and a couple of kids from the neighborhood apparently did this last night! Sam is obsessed with finding sticks and usually giving them to me. Guess this is where they end up when he has friends over!!!!! I couldn't help but laugh!

No comments: