MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Monday, July 07, 2008

Story Time

Get ready... lots of stories and lots of pictures!!!
  • Sam brought me a toy and handed it to me and said, "Mommy, wash my roller." I told him to go put it in the sink and I would be happy to (after he said please of course). He ran to the sink, I heard it hit and he ran back by headed to his playroom. As he was running, he looked over his shoulder at me and said, "Don't forget to wash my roller, Mommy!" and kept on trucking!!!
  • I am notorious for singing all the time (sorry for those around me - I can't carry a tune to save my life). Sam wanted some cantaloupe, so I was taking him to the kitchen singing, "It's Cantaloupe Time" to the timeless tune of "Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer. Sam put his fingers in his ears and said, "Stop singing Mommy!" YIKES!!!
  • So Sam won't eat eggs... ever. I have tried and tried and tried. SO, one Saturday morning, I asked him if he wanted some eggs, to which he replied, "No, Maam." So I said, "How about some GREEN eggs and Ham.... try them, try them and you may like them I say." He tried them and proceeded to eat three green eggs. Whatever you gotta do!
  • Sam is always picking things up and handing them to me to hold them. Why? I don't know... he's a man in training. He handed me his juice cup and I asked him why I had to hold it. He answered, "Because it's too cold for me to hold." Alrighty then!!!
  • I was trying to get him to sit still for two seconds so I could take him picture. I said, "Let Mommy take your picture." He replied, "No." I asked why and he said, "Because." WAIT A MINUTE - that's supposed to be MY answer!!!
  • Sam can't seem to play by himself very much! It's so cute, though, because he will poke his head out the door and say, "Come play in my playroom Mommy!" and if I don't come right away, he'll poke it back out and say, "I'm in here Mommy!"
  • Sam is on this kick of NEEDING things. When he doesn't know exactly what he wants, he'll just say, "Sam needs something." The parental reply has become, "No, you don't. You're fine." The Uncle response turns this request into Gatorade. The Mimi/Pop Pop response turns this request into gummy worms..... etc!!!!!!
  • This morning, Sam came over to where I was feeding Jake and said, "I made a mess." I asked where, and he said, "In the chitchen (kitchen)." I looked over and Cheerios were all over the floor (snack cups are wearing out, I suppose). I asked him if he cleaned it up, to which he told me he did not (Shocker). So, I asked him to go clean it up, to which he responded, "STORMIE!!!!" Yep, he got Stormie to come help him with that job!!!
  • I was fixing dinner the other night, and I was talking to Sam. Looked down for literally two seconds then back up and Sam was buck naked. How he stripped down that fast is beyond me. It takes a minimum of five minutes to get his pants off when he needs to go potty!!!???
  • Not leaving Jake out by any means... he is doing more and more everyday! I have let his crib mattress down already because he is sitting up with ease, and he is starting to pull himself up onto his knees on the crib rails. Not taking any chances with this little guy - we have escaped death thus far, and I intend to ward off anymore brushes BEFORE issues arise!!!!
  • Jake turned his own mobile on all by himself... helping his busy mommy out!
  • Jake is starting to 'follow' Sam around and 'try' and play with him! Sam doesn't notice too much... yet!!! Jake just laughs and laughs when Sam gives him attention! Until it gets 'violent' at least!!!
  • Sam was also teaching Jake how to talk on the phone. He was having a conversation with himself then I would hear him say, "Jake, say 'I miss you.' or ' Nice to meet you.'" It was too funny!

Here are the pictures...

Sam and Jake playing together...



Flashing those pearly whites for the camera.Sam wanting his picture taken too!
Sam found this Santa hat and has yet to take it off!We took the boys to the playground on July 4th... yes, it was HOT!Sam told Pop Pop that he needed to ride his own four wheeler while Sam rode his. SO, they rode side by side! They were so cute. After awhile, Sam got off of his and wanted Pop Pop to take him on the big one!The boys swam in their pool... yes, naked! See Sam back there????? =)
Jake just LOVES the water! He kicks and splashes the WHOLE time!!!
Sam and his daddy!Just Sam... Just Jake...Jake's still playing in the pool. Sam was all over the place - mainly because Jake was splashing so much!

Sam and Jake's first bath together... See Stormie helping? Jake splashed a lot again!!!Here Jake, these are good to chew on...
Here Sam, I usually like to chew on these...No one can make Jake smile QUITE as big as his big brother does!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so bummed I missed naked pool time!

Melissa said...

My mom and I read this regularly and LOVE connected it makes us feel to y'all. These stories are going to be great to look back on in a couple of years when you can't remember the details.

Hope to see y'all soon!

love and miss you.
mm