MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Always something!!!

Baby Jail is up, and in full force. Jake must be contained! He is on the move... fast. He went from not moving to full-on crawl across the room in seconds overnight!!! He LOVES being able to follow Sam now... Sam, not as much! ALTHOUGH, Sam likes to play in Baby jail!? Even without Jake!? Whatever, I'll take it while it lasts! Sam IS a little more jealous now that Jake is moving. Jake waves now, and I'll work with him to do it, and Sam will wave and say, "I'm waving!" Awwwwww.... he's so cute!!! When he's in the mood, Jake is like his little puppy dog, and Sam gets him to follow him around!!!


I was about to get Jake out of his crib after a nap. He started crying before I got there, and Sam said, "What's wrong with Jake?" I informed him he was ready to get out of bed, so Sam went in there. I heard him saying, "It's OK Jake. I'm here Jake!"

I was telling someone that Sam was being Captain Destructo. Sam looked at me and said, "No, Mommy. My name is SAM!" He doesn't realize he has multiple names depending on his mood, I guess!!!!


The other day, Sam was playing with his Thomas trains. One ran into the corner (when they do this, their wheels keep going, and it gets on your nerves rather quickly), and Sam left him there. I told him to go get Duncan out of the corner. He said, "I can't. He's in time out." I asked him why and his response was, "Duncan was taking things from Emily." I said ok, and before I knew it ALL of the trains were in the corner (running, mind you). Sam informed me that they were in time out too. I asked what they had done and he said, "They hit Jake." You think he gets put in time out for doing things to Jake or what??? Sometimes, he'll do something to Jake and go put himself in time out! What to do? Think I need a new method of punishment?



I have a hard time punishing Sam sometimes, because Jake has become such a drama king! He hears me raise my voice to Sam to tell him to leave Jake alone, and Jake BURSTS into tears!? Now, if I don't actually see Sam do something, I don't punish him. I ask him why Jake's crying. Usually he'll tell me if he hit him or did something. If he doesn't say, then I know I'll get another opportunity in 2.2 seconds anyway!!!


We went to the Aquarium last weekend. Sam and Jake were dressed alike with matching mohawks! They had a GREAT time. Sam LOVED all the fishies. Especially Nemo and Dory... and Domino... more on Domino later!


Here we are - ready to go... finally!Appropriate face for the mohawk!Here is Domino. The GA Aquarium Whale Shark. Sam couldn't stop talking about him. When I finally got him up there to get his picture, he wouldn't go near him.This is the closest he would get. After we saw EVERYTHING, we asked Sam what his favorite part was. He said, "Domino!" (!?) Really???? He got a stuffed Domino to remember the day. He sleeps with him and goes everywhere with us! When I ask him where Domino is, he'll run around the house asking, "Where is that whale shark?"Sam also knows that whales aren't fish. They're mammals. He informed everyone he saw of that!I was having camera troubles at the beginning. It's a shame because this is a picture of Jane Fonda. BJ's company had rented out a ballroom, and she crashed the party. Apparently, if you're a celebrity, you can just go to any party that doesn't require you to wait in line with 'the commoners.'Sam keeps asking to go back the the "Quaria" (Aquarium), and I tell him it's a long ways away. He'll ask where it is, and I tell him it's in Atlanta - close to where Opa and Ernie (BJ's dad and wife) live. So Sam now says he wants to go visit Opa and Ernie so they can take him to the aquarium! How does he put all of this stuff together???? Yesterday, I told him Daddy was on the way home and he works close to the aquarium (to express how far away it is and that it takes a long time for him to get home). So when BJ came to the door, Sam met him and said, "We need to go back to work, Daddy!" I had to explain to BJ what was going on so he didn't just think Sam wanted to get rid of him!!!!!! I'm glad he loved it though! We had so much fun 'seeing it through his eyes'!!!! We were tired by the end of it though - Sam only wanted ME to carry him (forget that we lugged the big double stroller in - which WAS useful when we weren't in the exhibits - and every bag we owned!), but he weighs the equivalent of FIVE GALLONS OF WATER!!!! He's HEAVY!!!!!! =) I would do it all over again, though! He would have stayed like this all day, I think!Sam and Jake went to Mimi and Pop Pop's while I was at camp. Glad to see they're loving on each other!Jake started crawling THE DAY they came to pick them up! Poor Mimi and Pop Pop! Jake had fun, though!!!!Awww... Sam likes pushing Jake in the stroller!Jake likes it too!Ahhh... ulterior motive! BUT - they're both still having fun!!!Apparently Stormie went looking for treats! Since her bout with pancreatitis, she doesn't really get any. Poor baby... that's all she has left to look forward to these days! That and the kids' nap time!Jake and Sam helped BJ pull his car in. BJ buckled Jake in - it was hysterical!Uh! Oh! I KNEW I drank too much coffee when I was pregnant with him!Jake's reading already!?Here he comes!Still the happiest baby! When he's not teething, anyway!Here he goes...Got it... yep, he's pulling up now - on EVERYTHING!!!!!!

1 comment:

Parker's Mom said...

Tammy-
I love keeping up with Sam and Jake- they are absolutely adorable!!
Check out my little guy, Parker at http://parkmanandmom.blogspot.com/
Have a wonderful weekend. I miss you!