MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Monday, March 24, 2008

MY FINGER HURTS!!!!!!

So my day went something like this:

Got up at 1 AM, 1:30 AM and 2 AM because Sam was crying, "Mommy" in the sweetest, cutest, sleepiest voice. BJ went in that last time and he finally went back to sleep until 7:30 or so. At around 4:30/5 AM, Jake started his usual fidgeting. He didn't actually wake up until 7:45 or so. This is pretty much a normal thing... he fidgets and moves around starting about 4 or 5... but doesn't wake up until later (thank goodness! I'll take it, however we get it!)

Got up at 7 AM to pump (@#*%! that pump). As I was finishing, Sam woke up (this is a GOOD day when I 'time' it like that). Got him up, pottied and dressed. Jake started crying. Got him up and dressed. Fed them breakfast. Played for a little while. Took my shower (always interesting with both kids awake!).

Went to Wal-Mart. Can't buy much b/c both kids take up a lot of room (that's a good thing!). Jake had a poo in Wal-Mart - changed that when we got back to the truck. Felt WAY TOO adventurous and decided to go to Chick-Fil-A... not the drive thru, oh no, we ate there! Sam ate a VERY HOT nugget and screamed and cried so loud that the whole restaurant was watching. I tried to get him to spit it out and he wouldn't (really likes his food), so I stuck my finger in there to get it... that was the mistake. He bit my finger so hard that the skin was blue and pushed to about half the size of my normal finger. I practically had to pry his mouth open with the other hand to get him to release my finger... I'm sure it was a sight to watch!? I really thought he had drawn blood. I am sure I winced, but I acted as if nothing had happened. All eyes were still on us. Inside, I was in tears and SCREAMING!!!! This whole time, Jake was whining and crying in his seat because he was so tired and fighting sleep. We finally get settled from that episode, and Sam informs me he needs to tee tee. Quite persistently. I spring into action. Grab my purse, grab Jake's car seat (with him in it) and grab Sam (that's 30 lb Sam, 17 lb Jake, 5 lb car seat, and 10 lb purse). Run to the bathroom only to find someone who is obviously NOT handicapped in the big stall. No time... put Jake in front of the stall, leave door open and stand Sam on the potty just in time - Jake's screaming the whole time.

Head back to the table hoping the Chick-Fil-A people didn't just think I had abandoned our lunch and left it for them to clean up. Thank goodness they didn't! We quickly finished our lunch, Jake gave up and went to sleep, and people were still staring... possibly b/c we took out a few of them on the mad dash to the bathroom!?

We made it home in one piece, Sam poopied, and went to sleep... for three hours - once he went to sleep, that is! Jake napped and played, and we had a relatively quiet afternoon - all things considered!

WHEW.... that's an easy day!!!!!!!!! =)

OH - and can you believe it snowed today? Yesterday, it was 75, today snow.... tornadoes last week...... what next?????

And my finger is killing me!!!!!!

No comments: