MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

DEAR LORD...

Please make the laundry go AWAY!!!!!!!!

I was just upstairs folding the MOUNTAIN of clean clothes that I washed today and yesterday. I do 1-2 (large) loads of laundry EVERYDAY... except Saturday - and sometimes Sunday. But I pay for that on Monday!!!!!! The actual act of washing the clothes is not so bad. Folding them isn't SO bad either... assuming I don't let loads and loads pile up (as I just had done)!!! Putting them away, however, is just so daunting to me! I usually get the kids' clothes put away when I get them from their naps... or while BJ is bathing them at night. Mine and BJ's...... it can sit outside our door for DAYS!!!! BJ is usually my 'putter-awayer' which I am SO thankful for! It's probably because he gets tired of stepping over them to get into our room! Whatever the reason, it's extremely helpful!

BUT..............

I was folding my clothes just now, and thinking about all the people we have come into contact with recently who are hurting - they're sick, their kids are sick, they've LOST a child, they've LOST a spouse - or their spouse is overseas, they want to FIND their special someone, their loved ones are sick, they're out of work, they're going through rough times in their marriage or with their family....... the list goes on --- and on --- and on --- and on......

Suddenly, I am so HAPPY and THANKFUL to be doing my laundry - and my family's laundry! I am healthy and able to do it. My husband is at work and affording me the LUXURY to be doing our laundry, my children are happy and HEALTHY (and trust me, I am reminded daily of what a BLESSING their health is), my family is happy and healthy... I am blessed to be doing my laundry!

Thank you LORD for my laundry... every last bit of it!!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

...and I'm thankful for people who remind me of the positive things in life! We are all so blessed. Love you guys!