MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Brandon and Mandy's Wedding

Brandon (BJ's brother) and Mandy got married on October 3rd! It was such an exciting occasion, and we were honored that they wanted the boys as ring bearers (although, at the last minute them actually CARRYING the rings got vetoed... could have SOMETHING to do with Sam repeatedly throwing the pillow on the ground... I'm not sure!?) OH! And BJ was the best man! ;-) He was so thrilled when Brandon asked him - it really meant the world to him!

Here we are on the way... Sam fell asleep - he had just woken up from a 2-hr nap, and he fell asleep on the 20 minute ride to the wedding!?

Jake was just uncomfortable. He kept telling me he couldn't breathe!We finally made it... Jake hammed it up right away!The cake!Here I am walking the kids TO the isle...Jake wouldn't let me put him down, so I made a 'game-time decision' and kept Jake and sent Sam on up the isle. He did GREAT! He took the pillow right to BJ. I went around the outside to intercept him on his way out, but Sam turned around and went back DOWN the isle!!!! By the time I realized and got back to him, he was at the end of the isle yelling, "Mommy? MOMMY?" It was quite endearing (but it was my kids and wasn't my wedding... I hope everyone else thought it was cute too!?!?)Here's BJ with 'his' ring pillow!!!!! (Lucky Daddy was the best man, huh?)Here comes the bride...I promised a sucker if they walked down the isle and did a good job at the wedding (OK... so I just wanted them to be quiet during the ceremony), so here's the reward! My bad for choosing purple!!!There goes the bride (and groom)!And the best man...Jake making his rounds after the ceremony!Sam just wanting POOOOOOOP POOOOOOOOP... [**extremely whiny voice here**]Our little family (waiting for the photographer to tell us what/when he needed (of) the boys)!There was a server walking around with trays of hors de vours, and Jake LOVED the crab cakes. He kept saying, "I want crabs!"The photographer was taking their picture, and Jake wouldn't look. Finally, I announced to Jake that I had crab cakes! That got a look AND a smile!!!!Jake was DONE with being outside... it was REALLY hot!!!Jake and his lady friend... I mean the flower girl! She was adorable, and just kept laughing at Jake!Jake finally getting some water!!!Sam thought the music was loud... what a prude!Jake LOVED it, and couldn't wait to DANCE!!!!Silly Sam...Jake making friends! Everyone thought he was so cute and funny... I lost count of how many people wanted their pictures with him!!!!Still dancing...Jake and the Maid of Honor (Mandy's sister, Maggie)Jake being cheesy with Daddy!Jake not wanting to go back to the table... he wanted to DAAAANCE!!!!More dancing with the ladies...And his flower girl(friend)...Talking/dancing with Opa and Ernie...Sam waiting on his cake... so he could leave!!!!!Jake hiding under the table...Me and Mandy...

Everything was beautiful and perfect for their special day!!!! We loved being there and being a part of their incredible day! They have since been to Aruba for a week, back to Atlanta for 17 hours, and onto New York.... yep, they're moving to New York. Brandon has secured two different jobs, and is pursuing his career in the restaurant business. What an exciting time in their lives! Perfect timing to take on new adventures! Best of luck to them --- they are going to do great!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

No comments: