MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Pictures and Stories...

Personally, I think my boys are pretty cute, so I HAD to post some more pictures from the summer! And of course some more funny stories!
  • We can drive by a Wal-Mart, McDonald's, a/the Mall, or Waffle House and Jake recognizes and names what we are passing!? Not sure what to make of this!
  • Sam helped Pop Pop with numerous projects while he stayed with them. My dad could tell him what they were doing each morning for the day, then he didn't need a list. Sam could rattle off everything they were going to do! Saw dust is wood crumbs, they sharpened blades, greased stuff, replaced stuff... you know - your basic man work! Sam's going to be my little gear-head. He is fascinated with how/why things work!
  • Sam also told my parents that 'Mommy got mad at Daddy for putting sand in the yard.' OOPS! I actually DID give BJ a hard time because he used the kids' PLAY sand to fill in some spots in the yard! Nothing goes unnoticed!
  • Sam is still battling monsters at bed and nap time. Last night, BJ told him to just close his eyes. His response: "I don't want to because I see green monsters when they're closed!" My poor precious baby! I SO wish I could make the fears just go away!
  • Jake has started covering his bases when requesting things. His requests usually sound like this: 'Mommy rock you-me,' 'Mommy carry you-me,' 'Daddy fly you-me.' You get the picture! Pretty cute! I try not to ENFORCE it, but I can't help but repeat it back to him!
  • Jake's pottying is still going great. He has had a few accidents, but DEFINITELY knows not to wet his underwear. SOOOOO...... he has started removing them and just wetting on the floor! Well, he's done this twice - once in my closet and once on a decorative table in the family room. Funny, but NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!!!!
  • Still no poop in the potty. He only poops when he wakes up, so he's in his crib (VERY quietly) pooping before I even know he is awake! I don't know why, but I'm not worried, stressed or anything. Poop in the potty will come. If he is ever AWAKE when he starts, then I'll be set!!!! Until then, thank God for pull-ups!
Pictures...
Over the 4th, we went to the lake. Mimi and Pop Pop got the boys a Slip 'n Slide. Sam was mostly concerned with keeping his feet grass-free!
Jake... not so much!

Sam washing Jake's feet off for him...BJ 'teaching' Sam how to Slip 'n Slide! See how far up his head is? It's like he's trying to keep it dry!Jake was trying to go before BJ could even help him!!! Sam's running to wash off!BJ trying to 'teach' Jake...Jake had no problems getting down and dirty! See Sam in the background with the water hose?Mimi got in on the action too! Sam's not so sure because that means he'll get wet and grassy again!Yep, he needs another wash down! Jake, on the other hand, can't get enough!Sam going again... his head is so funny!Sam's going to wash down... Jake's ready for more action!Yep, Jake's going again... Sam's still washing!Sam's still washing... he cracked me up with the waterhose! Jake's outa there!I could be wrong, but I think Jake may have just woken up!!!! Mimi made homemade Banana Ice Cream! YUM!!! Can you see it all over his face? (This is obviously before his first haircut! Funny how you look back at pictures and REALLY see how long it had gotten! Oh! Well!)Yep, it was a crowd pleaser!Sam was telling me something really important... but can you see all the ice cream on HIS face??? Cutie!Ummmm...... I thought it was pretty good too!!!!When Mama and Daddy had Sam; Jake LOVED having his Mommy and Daddy all to himself...I don't, however, think he wanted me to take pictures!? Just a guess...But he posed like a good boy!Bubby (aka Sam/Brother) has some big shoes to fill!When Sam got home, he rather liked the idea of playing in his undies too!Sam (re)teaching Jake how to do a somersault... Mimi and Pop Pop had already taught them both how!Jake had NO problem!Bath time! Gotta have the 'typical' hair styling pictures!!!His horns disintegrated!?!?!But the Mohawk worked!Kinda...Sam being a cheese too!!!!!

That's all for now!

No comments: