MY (PICTURE) TAKE ON LIFE....

Adventures, Stories, and of course... PICTURES!!!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Little Jake and the Pregnancy

I haven't updated much, if anything about the pregnancy... we have had a lot going on! First of all, the baby (Jake) and I are doing great! I will be 35 weeks on Saturday - just a week away from when I delivered Sam. I have been much better with this pregnancy than with Sam even... just A LOT more tired (thanks to Sam), terrible acid reflux (I told BJ that is his fault b/c I bet Jake will be a hairy baby =) and indigestion. I still have bouts with nausea, but it's not that bad - especially after 4 1/2 months of constant nausea!!! I, so far, have not experienced Fiona feet - or legs (the girl ogre from Shrek) - I think I would have a melt-down since I have to wear shorts and skirts! I have hot flashes and now can TOTALLY understand these women going through menopause!!!!!

We are NOT ready for the baby yet, as Sam's room still needs to be painted and decorated. We have a theme: Planes, but that's about it! I hit a 'nesting' wall last weekend, and we went and bought a bunch of stuff we will need for the baby. I also got Sam some fall clothes once I walked outside the other morning and it was COLD... my baby only has shorts and t-shirts that fit!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!! Still have LOTS to do! I will post pictures of Sam's new room as we get it going - the vision in my head is incredibly cute... we'll see about the execution!!!! =)

As for Jake, he is just fine as long as he is in my tummy. We have found out through MANY MANY different doctor visits that he has three heart defects. Of course, we were (are) in shock, and have shed many many tears through this whole process, but, the good news is that it is fixable/repairable, and he will have a normal life once he gets through surgery - baring any complications. He will have to make yearly visits (once we get to that point) to the cardiologist for the rest of his life, but should otherwise be a normal little boy. It should only take one surgery to correct the defects, and we know in advance, so those are both huge blessings! Another huge blessing is Lyndsey Piland. She works at Children's where Jake's surgery will be, and will be in the Cardiac ICU where Jake will be recovering.

Obviously, our family and friends have been awesome! Especially my parents. Bless their hearts - they have literally dropped everything to be at our side. They're there to watch Sam during the NUMEROUS doctor visits and are at the doctor visits too. I just can't put into words just how much they have and are helping and just how LUCKY and BLESSED we are to have the best parents in the world! I really don't know what we would do without them!!!

The love we have felt from friends and other family has just overwhelmed us! God has been and IS so good to us. He has surrounded us by the right people at the right times, and is guiding us and giving us strength we didn't know we even possessed. We couldn't do this and make it through without our faith in Him.

I'm not going to lie... we have good days and we have bad days. I can be doing the simplest little thing and have a break-down. Other times, I feel like I can 'forget' about it and just try and be normal. I think Sundays are our hardest days - mainly because there are so many caring and loving people who just want to check-in on us and love on us... wouldn't have it any other way, though! Sam is an awesome distraction, since he has no clue, and is just his cute little self all the time!

We have created a 'Care Page' to update friends and family on Jake... his exact condition, doctor visits, and, eventually his birth and the long process of surgery - or the wait on surgery, and his recovery and all that stuff.

Here is the link to the page. You'll have to sign in. If you end up having to search for the page, you have to type the name exactly: LittleJakesHeart

http://www.carepages.com/ServeCarePage?cpn=LittleJakesHeart&seed=723705&ClusterNodeID=jb03&tlcx1=choa

We can't say thank you and we love you enough to our friends and family. I'll still use my blog to update on how we're doing, as the Care Page is more of an informational-type of page!

No comments: